Rogers service / products suck

Terry

We had bell home phone until the 25th. Over the last 5 years we have called bell to get them to repair the lines coming in from the highway many times. The repair guys have told us that from the highway to our house (less than 1 KM) the line has been spliced 22 times, and that they will not replace it. Bell did try to get us to stay with them, but did not offer us any incentives.

I had rogers cell phone also for about 5 years. I had great reception, but lousy service and prices too high. Again, was not offered any incentive to stay with them.

Now I have Koodo for cell (3 of them actually mine, my daughter's and my boyfriend). We have had it for about 4 months. No complaints as of yet for quality for calls or text, it takes great pictures. Prices are very reasonable for what we wanted. Grateful for the unlimited text as my daughter has used over 15 000 in the last 30 days.

Internet, we were stuck on dial-up here and only connecting at 21 - 24 kbps since 2006. We finally bit the bullet about 2 months ago and went with netspectrum for high speed wireless. As of this moment, we can not be happier with it.

15000 text messages in a month, I hope that's a mistype!? That's 500/day, is that even possible?

Wow Terry! I feel your pain!

This is why I just changed everything to Bell...I've been a rogers customer for decades, but when I called to find out what can be done about pricing and a competitive quote from Bell, they said "We'll match Bell's price for 12 months with a contract". I said "Bell offered 2 years with no contract". They said "call back in 11 months and see if we have a promo". I said "No thanks...see ya later!"

People have to know there is absolutely no apples and oranges difference within a monopoly of two giants. Rogers or Bell, people will eventually have a bad experience over time with either service from either company. It's what happens when call centers are spread out over mass areas and their only main competition are each other. It's well known that Bell has call centers in India, as far as I know Rogers only uses Canadian call centers. It doesn't change the experience all that much to be honest. You just get the shortest queue line.

I was with Bell with all services until they gave me an insane $1700 bill out of no where for a phone number I never owned that was apparently hooked up 4 years prior. I even had the stupid service rep reverse lookup the phone number which proved it was routed to the Police Station, not my address yet it still took 6 months to clear that off my name after about 8hrs worth of phone calls over that time. That could've ruined me in credit rating. It of course was the final straw for me and I switched.

Without a lot of options though they don't really give a crap if you switch, someone else will switch from the other anyway. It's different if there are 6 different top companies fighting for position, they need you then, Bell or Rogers don't need you and don't need to give better promos than their competitor to keep you.

Edited by Governator

15000 text messages in a month, I hope that's a mistype!? That's 500/day, is that even possible?

No, it was not a typo. She has used (sent/received) 15000 text in the last 30 days.

She is a teenager, and we don't live in town where she can easily hang out with her friends whenever she wants.

No, it was not a typo. She has used (sent/received) 15000 text in the last 30 days.

She is a teenager, and we don't live in town where she can easily hang out with her friends whenever she wants.

We have a shared family plan...lol that # is far from a typo. Its the way things have turned..The kids today wouldnt know how to pick up a phone and "call on a friend", let alone go knock on somones door to go out and play. We call our Son a social knob. Sorry to hijack but I had to chime in on this one topic.Kids today only know SMS and facebook, sad really. :wallbash:

We have a shared family plan...lol that # is far from a typo. Its the way things have turned..The kids today wouldnt know how to pick up a phone and "call on a friend", let alone go knock on somones door to go out and play. We call our Son a social knob. Sorry to hijack but I had to chime in on this one topic.Kids today only know SMS and facebook, sad really. :wallbash:

So true my boys always text me except when they want to borrow money, thats when I get the personal touch!!!