Busted Shimano Cumulus Rod

Guest LivingLegend

Guest LivingLegend

Hello all,

Was up at Pigeon Lake going to town on the walleye (will put up pics soon) and I came across a nasty snag. Was trying to free it up when the rod just snapped in half!! I was most surprised and very disappointed. This rod was a gift to me and of course my Wife cannot find the receipt! I hear Bass Pro is good on replacing rods in these conditions, is this true? I will have to travel from NOTL so I dont want to waste my drive.

Other then that the fishing was fantastic! Pics soon!!

Thanx Guys LL.

that rod should be an over the counter exchange , calls petes and explain , ( if it were me i'd leave out the " it broke on a snag portion " just say you broke it " Fishing" and ask them what your options are )

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Cumulus_Spinning_Rods/descpage-SCLS.html

Edited by Wiser

Guest LivingLegend

that rod should be an over the counter exchange , calls petes and explain , ( if it were me i'd leave out the " it broke on a snag portion " just say you broke it " Fishing" and ask them what your options are )

http://www.tacklewar...cpage-SCLS.html

Good call i have petes just down the road, was told they wouldnt do it but I will soon find out. What happens if they ask how it was broken when fishing though?

Good call i have petes just down the road, was told they wouldnt do it but I will soon find out. What happens if they ask how it was broken when fishing though?

Darn carp. :whistling:

Art

I was under the impression that Shimano stopped their "over the counter" replacement policy. Still lifetime but must go back to Peterborough.

As for how it broke... I remember Lew telling about how he was scolded for making up a tale.. "just tell me you slammed the trunk lid on it".. and here's your new rod !

Guest LivingLegend

I was under the impression that Shimano stopped their "over the counter" replacement policy. Still lifetime but must go back to Peterborough.

As for how it broke... I remember Lew telling about how he was scolded for making up a tale.. "just tell me you slammed the trunk lid on it".. and here's your new rod !

I just sent Bass Pro an email on the situation so i will see what they say. i guess i could go with the trunk accident. Hope it all works out.......

Usually any Shimano authorized dealer will replace it for you for the cost of shipping. Usually 10-15 bucks. I always buy Shimano rods, I love them, I recently bought a St Croix rod of equal value to one of my Shimano rods and the St. Croix is much lighter but the Shimano feels much nicer when you're fishing with it.

Guest LivingLegend

Usually any Shimano authorized dealer will replace it for you for the cost of shipping. Usually 10-15 bucks. I always buy Shimano rods, I love them, I recently bought a St Croix rod of equal value to one of my Shimano rods and the St. Croix is much lighter but the Shimano feels much nicer when you're fishing with it.

Do you recall if they are alittle stiff if you dont have the invoice for it. I dont think it should matter since its Life Time

Just call Shimano in Peterborough. they will set you up and you send it to them. If it is covered they will send a new one to you. I had a Crucial I did this with after I tried to take it to Canadian Tire in Kingston with my receipt and they refused to do it. Wasted a two hour trip for that.

Guest LivingLegend

Just call Shimano in Peterborough. they will set you up and you send it to them. If it is covered they will send a new one to you. I had a Crucial I did this with after I tried to take it to Canadian Tire in Kingston with my receipt and they refused to do it. Wasted a two hour trip for that.

Sounds good I will look into that for sure. Gonna try Peters Tackle today and see whats up.........