Scugog in the Rain

There was a break in the rain on Saturday so all 6 of us headed out to our favorite pan fish spot on Scugog. I didn't know what to expect since it was walleye opener. The boat launch and parking was full but not crazy. There were a few other people shore fishing but we didn't see any fish. We got the lines set up and started fishing. It was cold, windy, and it was still spitting. We were under dressed and I didn't think the kids (or the wife) would last long.

P5130252.jpg

We fished for about 10 minutes in light rain with no action. The "can we go now" starting and I know I couldn't force this one. I had just started to pack up when my 3 year old yells out and pulls in this guy!

P5130247.jpg

Shortly after that my 5 year old pulls in this fish - awesome colours!

P5130255.jpg

The action then picked up but so did the rain. It really started to come down!

P5130258.jpg

P5130260.jpg

P5130264.jpg

The biggest (longest) of the day!

P5130270.jpg

We were soaked to the bone but I still had to drag them off the dock! We only got to fish for about 20 minutes but it's good to know our spot is starting to produce now. We're already planning our next trip!

Homer, I see you are in to B-Town too. If you see a dashingly handsome man with 2 lil girls fishing that spot or areas around B-town, tell him I want my kids back.

Seiously, I am out with my girls all this time, they are 5 and 2. Say hi.

Cheers

Phil

They are progressively getting more soaked and yet their smiles keep getting bigger, that's too funny.

Nice fish guys!

X 2 :D

Also its cool how those panfish look so huge when a kid is holding em up lol..

Sounds good Harrison, I'll keep my eyes open!

Also its cool how those panfish look so huge when a kid is holding em up lol..

It true!! I figure it's a ratio thing. If my 3 year old (2 ft tall) catches a 7" sunfish it's the same as me catch a 25" fish!! Inch for Inch her bluegil is a MONSTER!

Don't worry Oldphart! Lots 'o pannies left in the bog! LOL!

Edited by Homer Is King