Free dog

GBW

I got an email this morning from the neighbours asking if I know anyone who is looking for a dog.

So, anyone want a Jack Russell Terrier named Tucker? Free to good home, Born April 4, 2010. Has all shots, including one year vaccinations.

Please forward this to Geoff for me. We are looking to have him gone - either to someone Geoff can find or back to Rich's mom - in a fairly quick timeline. We don't want to drag this out for the kids' sake.

When we were out on Sunday, Tucker went at our friends dog basically with a vice grip lock on the other dogs lip. It took both my hands and all my strength to pry him off... so we are done.

Tucker.jpg

They are located in Brooklin.

Perhaps I should do what the dog did and bite some lip, but this really bothers me and its what keeps the animal shelters teaming. People get a dog, fail or give up in the training of the dog, and opt to give it away instead of doing the work. Rinse and Repeat. It's quite sad. Put that dog at the KW Humane society (dropping it off vis-a-vis to a worker and not being spineless and letting it just run away) and it'll find a good home. Maybe a more deserving soul from these boards will find a good pet.

I'll reword it: Put that dog at the KW Humane society and it'll find a good home. I've seen the work they do and been a part of it - high turnover and many good homes found. If you're going to give it away on a fishing board, you might as well give it to trained professionals.

Mercman - two minutes for instigating.

If you read GBW post it's not his dog so ripping on him for trying to help his neighbors find a good home then you look like an :asshat:. Not everyone can teach a dog or pet to be perfect it's like saying you can teach the criminals to be good they do what they do because they want to and some people may have other things or reasons for not being able to work with it at this time. I don't think that it's a bad idea asking on here either your making it sound like OFC'ers have no brains or care for animals by saying don't ask them here.

Edited by Live2fish85

how many times does this thread need to be cleaned up?!?! :blahblah1:

I'm helping a friend out and offering a dog to anyone on the site in an effort for it to find a good home rather then the dog go to a shelter.

some people need to take a break from posting and go fishing...

Admin's, please lock this, thanks.

Edited by GBW

There are some happy endings to things like this. I picked up a great free dog that needed a new home off this very site. Wyatt is my new best bud, and goes everywhere with me now. He's awesome!!! I think posting a want add for a dog is a good idea on this site. There are a lot of good people, and maybe a few looking for a dog.

Getting rid of it for that reason is a little silly IMO, but that is just me. I would have just let the dogs sort it out for themselves. They will figure it out.

S.