Halbiburton Rainbow Trout! - pics...

Slayingm

A couple of weeks ago I made a trip into some of my fav. Northern Haliburton Brookie and Rainbow Lakes and could not into 8 of them we tired because they were still iced over!! Made a day trip this weekend to one of the Rainbow lakes and because the water was still cold I found the fishing a little tough but did manage to get into some nice fish and lost a few along the way! I tried everything (gang trolls with a woolybugger and worm or just worm... spinners and worms... but they only hit small crank baits on a fast troll.

Here is a cool pic of a brilliant coloured male and a nice female also. I just thawed some winter Simcoe Whities and lakers and will have the Bradley smoker going tomorrow!... fridge is full full brined trout right now and can't wait till tomorrow night!!.. yummy! :)

04302011130-e.jpg

04302011132-e.jpg

Be safe and Good Fish'n .... Greg.

Very nice :clapping: surprised at how many off the beaten path Haliburton lakes have been stocked with bows, got a surprise more than once when my folks had a place up there and I packed into what I had hoped would be a spec lake, not complaining though.