New Regs - my rant

camillj

It is too wierd .. already almost April and new regs still aren't out ... how the heck are supposed to plan for all the dumb exceptions without studying the regs during cabin fever time .... sheesh we're all liable to run out at first light and get our selves in a heap of trouble ....

yeah, its taking a long time for sure, but from what I heard, its held up with the federal regulations, which the provincial regulations must also comply with, and they are having a bit of trouble getting all of that sorted out properly. Its gotta go through the provincial house, and the federal house, to get the legislation correct.

Just keep fishing, until you hear more.

But it does make planning for the summer, or fall, a pain.

Our Ontario leader and lier probably has no money to buy paper to print the regulations on.

I have no respect for him. This delay is ridiculous.

A question one can ask is - "who do you trust more - a used car sales man or politician McGinty?'

I would choose a used car salesman.

carp-starter

Guest Trophymuskie

Oh god you can blame me for this one as well. Sort of.

It's the new " lets stop Richard Collin from fishing in December " exemption that needs federal approval as well as needing approval from the governor general and unfortunately she's out of town and hard to reach at times.

With the exception of what was announced already, just keep going by the '06 regs. The current regs are sitting in Ottawa awaiting federal approval. The OFAH is indeed pressuring the government to delay implementation until next year if the new rules are not out soon.

It appears ineptitude is not bound by political affiliation.