Crappie fishing on Sturgeon Lake has been less than steller.

Big Cliff

Went out yesterday to a favorite honey hole, saw and caught a few but it was so slow. Nine boats congrigated on the only action in the area and as is so typical, catch one and ten lines are being cast to the place where you caught one. What ever happened to courtisy? We anchored outside of the pack, we didn't invade their space but the second we caught one, there were lines being cast all over the area.

Same thing happened to us this morning. We went to the same area, there was a boat fishing with three guys in it so we went to the oposoite side of the bay. We catch two fish and next thing you know they are moving in on us. They then proceeded to keep an OOS bass on the sly. Next week I think I will take a few sticks of dynamite and go fisherman fishing. :(

Just call mnr tips and take some pictures. People moving in on you, keeping oos fish is certainly not limited to race or language. Either way its wrong and should be reported. Fishing close to someone however is not illegal. Just be careful how you react, the other guy may beat you senseless if you attack him. :)

Yup get a few pictures of them with oos fish might give the MNR a reason to visit the area more often. Just remember to lift your feet off the bottom of the boat before the dynamite explodes it stings the bottom of your feet.

Art

Yup get a few pictures of them with oos fish might give the MNR a reason to visit the area more often. Just remember to lift your feet off the bottom of the boat before the dynamite explodes it stings the bottom of your feet.

Art

Thanks Art, your input is always appreciated :thumbsup_anim::whistling:

I've been lucky this year so far and have not had to deal with that stuff. I usually just fire the motor up when someone tries stealing the spot I'm fishing and tear up the water a bit. I know it sounds childish, but I get my message across without saying a word. I understand that I don't own the lake, but it's nice to see some form of fishing etiquette on the water. I would never dream of doing that to someone. I feel for you Cliff! It drives me crazy.

I've been lucky this year so far and have not had to deal with that stuff. I usually just fire the motor up when someone tries stealing the spot I'm fishing and tear up the water a bit. I know it sounds childish, but I get my message across without saying a word. I understand that I don't own the lake, but it's nice to see some form of fishing etiquette on the water. I would never dream of doing that to someone. I feel for you Cliff! It drives me crazy.

Don't forget to crank your radio up as loud as the volume allows (there's no law against that).

Don't forget to crank your radio up as loud as the volume allows (there's no law against that).

True but that wouldn't be very nice for the people that own cottages there. :whistling: Actually, they might not mind the dinamite as long as it landed in a boat, I'm sure by now they are getting so fed up that they would sware that it was the guys in the boat that had the dinamite!