GM dealer / sales rep

scugpg

I might be in the market for a new or used GM vehicle and was wondering if someone can recommend a dealership and sales rep that you are very happy with in the London area. My brief experience so far hasn't been too impressive. Willing to deal with out of town if its worth the drive.

Thanks!

Not in London but if you don't mind the drive to the Hammer......

Tony Benincasa at Queenston Chevrolet on the Mountain ( http://www.queenstonchev.com/ou/hamilton-buick-chevrolet-gmc/console.do?page=a_staff ).

Really down to earth, low pressure, and a gentleman.... I just bought a Cruze off him a couple of weeks ago.

Burt :)

Scugog, let me know what model you are looking for if new and I will send you a Car Cost Canada report for it with all the wholesale prices etc... I still have a couple to use up on my membership...

It is a great bunch of info to have when buying a new vehicle.

Scugog, let me know what model you are looking for if new and I will send you a Car Cost Canada report for it with all the wholesale prices etc... I still have a couple to use up on my membership...

It is a great bunch of info to have when buying a new vehicle.

Thanks Burt I've sent you a pm.

Buying

Do some internet shopping for dealers in the region... play them off each other for a bit... then choose which one seems to WANT your money.

Not much difference between one dealership and the next in the same brands these days. Oh yes, u will have the odd guy say this and that about "their guy"... but u don't have one of those guys... make them work for your money, just like you did.

If you were leasing, u can do that through any dealer and they can get u any brand of vehicle.... maybe they can do that for purchases too.. see who has the best financing for you ( if u need it).... might be worth a try...

I would not recommend Ray Cullen for body shop, parts or service. The vehicle sale went fine.

Body shop - extremely slow and poor results on a collision repair. Rejected a (lifetime) corrosion warrenty claim because the service department failed to note yearly inspections on my work orders.

Service department - recommended brake replacements long before they were due. Changed rear brakes without approval, I refused to pay. Routinely reinstalled doghouse on the van incorrectly.

Parts department - tried to charge 20% over list for idler arms. Went to Brian Finch and bought them for 40% below list.