Heading to Ahmic and Cecebe lakes Early June

Raycaster

Thank you for all the replies and pms concerning an upcoming trip 1st week of June.

There were restrictions put on distance so a lot of referrals are being kept for another time.

We are scheduled for the first week of June at The Woodland Echo Resorts with Ahmic and Cecebe lakes are targets I believe.

Just wondering if anyone has a "head's Up" for the location and what we can look forward to.

No, don't want the honey spots, just info on what to expect and tackle to pack!

Thx gang.

BTW Raycaster... where the water "ends" in the top right corner of the first picture, that is where the water starts in the bottom left of the second picture. Left lower is Ahmic and after the narrows it is Cecebe.

Took those pictures in July of 2005 if I recall correctly.

We have a place on Cecebe, both lakes have some large walleye, have seen a few close to 10 pounds, some very large pike as well, a few winters ago there was a 30 pound pike pulled throuth the ice on Cecebe. Lots of water to explore and lots of bait fish as well. Like Rodcaster mentioned, rattlers and worm harneses work well. Go deep if you can. Don't think you will find any lakers in either lake.

I think the locks will only be open on the weekends in June.

Have fun, Woodland Echo is a nice place.

Mike

Edited by KW Mike

We have a place on Cecebe, both lakes have some large walleye, have seen a few close to 10 pounds, some very large pike as well, a few winters ago there was a 30 pound pike pulled throuth the ice on Cecebe. Lots of water to explore and lots of bait fish as well. Like Rodcaster mentioned, rattlers and worm harneses work well. Go deep if you can. Don't think you will find any lakers in either lake.

I think the locks will only be open on the weekends in June.

Have fun, Woodland Echo is a nice place.

Mike

Any specific "rattlers" that you would endorse as pre-father day gifts?:whistling:

Here is an excellent story from OOD magazine on Ahmic Lake and Cecebe. A good read for any angler.

Article

I have the copy at the cottage. Great read and very informative about Ahmic. The article about the black bear is an interesting read. One bear had dragged two kids from their tent in Algonquin and ended up as dinner.

Love the area. All the luck to you on your trip to Ahmic. It will be a blast, with or without the fish

Thank you for all the replies and pms concerning an upcoming trip 1st week of June.

There were restrictions put on distance so a lot of referrals are being kept for another time.

We are scheduled for the first week of June at The Woodland Echo Resorts with Ahmic and Cecebe lakes are targets I believe.

Just wondering if anyone has a "head's Up" for the location and what we can look forward to.

No, don't want the honey spots, just info on what to expect and tackle to pack!

Thx gang.

I spend sometime every year up there. Ahmic is tough fishing for walleye. Early June you will be in the right area as walleye spawn right by woodland. They then slowly make there way to the east end of the lake. Cecebe has better walleye fishing IMO ahmic has better pike fishing. If you venture to the west end of ahmic be very careful, there are tons of boulders that are unmarked and every year I see props wrecked in the same places.

Woodland echoes is a great spot, very nice people that know how to fish the lake. I would ask them fr they're advice.

Cheers!