Deep Water Musky

krawler

Anyone here target deep water musky?? Know a guy who fishes for lakers and says on occassion a musky has inhaled his laker on the retrieve. He fishes 80-100 fow. I guess its a summer thing when the water heats up. Im assuming 10" or bigger baits. I might put out one line for trout and the other higher up for musky. looking for info online but cant find any info on fishing deeper than say 30 feet.

thanks

Guest gbfisher

I'm not a musky guy but my bet is that most hardcore musky guys would be worried about the fish surviving after being dragged up out of colder deeper water in a hurry.... could be completely wrong but I've seen eyes pop strait out of smallies in super deep water.

The last fish I saw caught on riggers did not survive. It was a shame to watch a 50 plus not swim away even with all the effort the guys went through trying revive it.

Why target two different fish at once? Stick to one and get good at it.

Edited by gbfisher

the majority of active muskies are in the top of the water column.. we fall fish muskies up to 40ft. water temps are the same here from top to bottom... if your truly want more action fish the top 12 ft for this water is normally the warmest. preferred temps are different for skies other then salmonoids.