Hockey Season to begin soon

Billy Bob

Good Morn'n my fellow Canadian Friends (it's friggen snowing now..grrr)

But anyways, as I have said it before I not a big hockey fan unless the home team Sabres make the playoffs....which lately hasn't been too often... :wallbash:... and it's true they still haven't officially made the playoffs but I got a bit interested yesterday because everyone was watching the game at the fire hall.. :)

So considering the Sabres make it in what do you hockey experts think of their chances of advancing throughout the playoffs and of course who's your pick to win it all this year.

Good Luck with your teams,

Bob

Edited by Billy Bob

That's funny Bob...as of last night, baseball season has begun for me :D

Good luck to your Sabres.

Oh yes.....the boys of summer are back but my favorite team has yet to win a game even though were picked to win their division....can you guess who they are ? :rolleyes:

Baseball?.......whats baseball?

It's America's game played with a round ball and stick where no fighting is allowed....you go to the ball park for less money then any other professional game, buy a hot dog, a beer and the ladies come out in droves wearing halter tops with cut off shorts... now tell me, who's against that... :D ...oh yea, they try to hit the ball out of the park you just got in, while the best player on the field stands 10" higher than anyone else on the field as he tries to throw the ball up to 100 mph past the player holding the stick. But watch out for the curve ball not to mention the wicked slider and change up. And if you ever seen Wakefield throw the knuckleball you wonder how he does that, because he's really the only that does. :worthy:

Never is a penalty called in this game and the real judges (umpires) are right there on the field with the players.... Not in some office viewing the game on a monitor and then calling long distance to send down often bad judgement on a scoring play. You will also never see a red flag saying the play doesn't count and foul is sometimes a good thing.

While it looks like a very easy game, you are fooled by how much talent it actually takes, by far the most of any game to play this on a major league level....often players have 10 - 20 years under their belt while the much younger players just can't break into the league because of the talent actually required to MLB.

It's a game that's also played on ALL levels throughout the world all the way down to Little Leaguer's where 11 and 12 year old players from across the globe get together once a year in a small town in Pennsylvania to play in front of the world via ESPN TV. You can catch this game in person for free IF you can find a spot on the "hill" all the while eating hot dogs and other snacks for just about peanut prices.... ;)

And all of this happens 162 times until October when the Fall Classic starts to decide who once again deserves to be called WORLD CHAMPS...

I hope this helped you understand... :D

Bob

Buffalo has missed the playoffs twice since the lockout, and a few years ago tied Detroit for the President's Trophy....ahhh to have your problems!!! :lol:

Regarding the Sabres - I'd be very surprised to see them make it past the first round, considering they'll be against Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh, or Boston.

I'm predicting a Detroit-Boston final. The Bruins have some demons to exercise after last year's ####house exit, and I think the Wings are the team to beat in the West. If Detroit and Vancouver were to switch Divisions, we'd see Vancouver's numbers come back down to earth.

I think Buffalo will be a tough opponent for any team in the first round assuming they get in and Miller is healthy.

:thumbsup_anim: Very nice, but I've got to disagree with the Umps vs. video replay. MLB has the WORST officiating IMO because of their reluctance to change.

How about that famous not-so-perfect game last year?

Personally I HATE instant replay in all sports, especially football...it's killing the game...it's just an excuse to force feed us more commercials.

The game is fine without it....it's played by humans and should be judged by humans...after all it's just a GAME.

As a former umpire you would be shocked how well a game is called on the field by MLB umpires if you looked at each and every call as baseball does....all the other major sports can be dictated by a bias official or two in almost every scoring play....not true with baseball...no flags to throw, no penalties or fouls to call....it's a game in it's truest form IMHO. :)

After 6 years of missing playoffs I've cared less and less about the leafs and more and more about the Jays as they continue to improve on the field. I really wish I lived in Toronto and could get to more games, it was really depressing to see such a lack of attendance last night (same ol' same ol' really).

After 6 years of missing playoffs I've cared less and less about the leafs and more and more about the Jays as they continue to improve on the field. I really wish I lived in Toronto and could get to more games, it was really depressing to see such a lack of attendance last night (same ol' same ol' really).

You have to enjoy a outdoor baseball game instead of watching one in a over sized warehouse....can't believe baseball allows games inside a doom...

Have you ever made it down to Cleveland for a game....I use to love to go down there when Jacob owned the team...now a GREEDY lawyer is a owner and I moved my loyalty to Boston... :)

You have to enjoy a outdoor baseball game instead of watching one in a over sized warehouse....can't believe baseball allows games inside a doom...

Have you ever made it down to Cleveland for a game....I use to love to go down there when Jacob owned the team...now a GREEDY lawyer is a owner and I moved my loyalty to Boston... :)

To be fair, April, Sept & Oct evenings can be very cold for baseball in Toronto (Let alone snow, such as the blue jays opening game in 77 which my parents were at). At least the weather here slightly makes it better. Can't really say the same for Tampa Bay lol!!

I really do wish it was an outdoor stadium though.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Yeah Vancourver is coming for blood and glory this year. Just hope they don't do stupid stuff like last year (passing to the other team being the most common and crucial mistake that made them lose). I love play off time, the only time i can watch Vancouver play since they don't broadcast regular season on eastcoast :( Boston is a contender as well, they have done excellent this year, i know my dad is happy since he roots for them. Its going to be a good playoff season.

As for the Sabres, I hope they can get up to 6th spot so my Bruins can send them packing again like last year.

Oh my fellow friend...take hark in the warning "watch what you wish for".. ;)

I always thought golf was for those who failed at fishing... :whistling:

They hit that ball a day long and then at the end of the day they still can't eat it... :rofl2:

BTW when did you purchase the Boston Bruins... :D

With Miller in net Buffalo can make it interesting.I would love to see Buffalo advance as you are dam near Canadian anyway biggrin.gif I would like to see a Canadian team bring it home but I just dont see it happening for Montreal.Vancouvers hopes lay in the hands of Luongo and the Sedins.If Bobby Lou does not implode and stands on his head then maybe.