I've got some good friends and a lot of their equipment pretty beat up in Florida.

irishfield

You can google it...Sun n Fun Tornado... but the video I've linked here starts on my Buddy

Clair's CLAMAR float booth.. or what's left of it. Still trying to contact

him to see if he and his 68 year old wife are okay. The booth across from

him is Air Cam with all their equipment destroyed and his floats high in the

air under one of them . Zenair (from Midland Ontario) lost their entire display and all their

airplanes as did a few of my Supercub buddies. both display booths and

private aircraft. They saved a few aircraft with numerous people holding down

a single airplane.

Makes me ill just looking at it all...

caravanonback.jpg

brokenkitfox.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Many probably have some insurance on them.. but that doesn't replace them or the personal attachment most of these have, since they were generally built by a guy in his garage/basement/living room.

The vendor area was hit the hardest and most of them can't afford a loss like this. It's also a very regular occurance that the aircraft in the "booths" don't belong to the kit manufacturer, but are private individuals "art" that they are willing to put in the kit manufactures booth to help them sell their goods.

I've at least hooked up one of my friends with a ride home from Florida, to save him a few dollars that will hopefully help cover boxing and shipping his mess, as my f-in-law is leaving his Coral Cove residence for Ontario this weekend and is making room for him in the truck.

Edited by irishfield

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Most likely won't get North much anyhow Brian with what's going on here. Not sure I have time for any of that mess either...

Talked to my buddy Clair at least at 2am.. he and his wife are fine. They're going back this morning to try and find some of their stuff. Their motorhome and trailer are still driveable.