Severn River Going Into Sparrow

fisherman7

Is this the stretch between Big Chute and Swift rapids? If so, the fishing is ok, I just don't care for the boat traffic. I make it my first trip of the year, before everyone has their boats in the water! If you're down one of the bays/channels I guess it would be a bit more peaceful but that stretch around severn falls is a bit of a bottleneck at times.

If your talking the river going in we stayed at the cottages at the swinging bridge back a few years & most of our fishing was in the lake, but we caught some nice bass in the river on the way to & from the lake, I fished a few tournaments there & we headed out of the lake to the north, past the shute & there is some nice water down there, we just didn't catch the size we needed when we needed them, lots of big boats in the summer time, I like the lake but wouldn't want a cottage there myself

SBK

Thanks for the info so far, much apprecaited. Just to clarify, the location were looking at is on the river, downstream from Couch Lock 42, to where it feeds into Sparrow, near Lauderdale Marina.

Just curious about fishing and people's general thougths about living on the river.