ice fishing this weekend..

beginner

hey guys and gurls, just wondering if anyone here been doing ice fishing lately.. last time I went Ice fishing was three weeks ago when the cars is able to go to the lake simcoe... I was itching to go this weekend but I just dont want to drive 1hr and find everything is melted... as we all know that gas is to high.. I will be walking... is it still okay for lakers or just perch this day is availble for the ice?

thnx again OFC'ers

bfisher :)

well lakers and whitefish are closed so I would say it's not ok...LOL

lots of ice in most locations except shorelines

so you need to find a good spot to get out on the ice, once out there you should be fine..

if there is current or a river mouth near by, the consider it unsafe

thnx for the reply, I didnt know its closed I thought its open all yr for whitefish and laker till end of sept..

but I guess I will try for perch then..

thnx

You definitely don't wanna be out on Simcoe fishing for whities and lakers. You'll be a prime target for the MNR, lol.

hey guys and gurls, just wondering if anyone here been doing ice fishing lately.. last time I went Ice fishing was three weeks ago when the cars is able to go to the lake simcoe... I was itching to go this weekend but I just dont want to drive 1hr and find everything is melted... as we all know that gas is to high.. I will be walking... is it still okay for lakers or just perch this day is availble for the ice?

thnx again OFC'ers

bfisher :)

Not To Be An Ass But I Did The 1 Hour Driving For Ya.

If You Have Nerves Of Steele(Including A Floater Suit) Then It Would Be Fine.

The Cold Temperature Has Done Some Good But When The Damn Sun Shines Like A bugger The Pressure Cracks Makes Pearl Habour Like Nothing.

There Is Approximately 8-10" of Ice Where I Was Shorline Had 1".

You definitely don't wanna be out on Simcoe fishing for whities and lakers. You'll be a prime target for the MNR, lol.

Yeah I Hoping I Can One Day Tag-A-Long With Somebody Here For Lakers And Whitefish Next Year.

Yeah I Hoping I Can One Day Tag-A-Long With Somebody Here For Lakers And Whitefish Next Year.

Bring a portable graph and follow the pack. I usually start just outside the main pack of guys and usually do fairly well :) Key is to not sit on fish that aren't biting.. Move until you find an active school.

Also, if you have a boat the May opener for whities is a riot. A couple of hundred boats, a few crazy guys in dingies and lots of fish.

Edited by BillM