Perigree Moon

Twocoda

There are going to be some strange effects on the water levels this weekend due to the Perigree Moon...some waters are going to be high and some extremely low...

This Photo was taken saturday afternoon at the north side of Port Elgin Harbour on Lake Huron and these two boulders are normally underwater except about 12 inches of the top of each one...the boulders are roughly 4 feet high and i actually walked out to them ...its an oddity !!!! :dunno:

PerigreeMoonwaterlevels.jpg

The last time Perigree Moon was in 1993..

Edited by Twocoda

I know what your saying Wayne...but all the years of looking out of this harbour i have never seen it this low that i could actually walk out to the rocks...here is another pic of a rock that is normally completely submerged...seems the seagulls have a new landing spot...the black rock on the right hand side is where the water levels normally are this time of year....i read Splashoppers thread on the water level of Lake Huron and thought i would check it out for myself...there is still two miles of ice on the Lake yet to thaw

SeaGullsPlaying.jpg

Alright .. Alright .. I just went out with a Camus XO to admire the sooooooooo raaaaaaaaare occurence of the perigrine mooonie .... to be honest she was almost as bright as you could want ..... but not nearly as big as I expected ... oh wait .. that's what SHE said :)

Edited by camillj