Stair Lift for one of my fishing partners

irishfield

Thanks for the laugh Mike!

I probably could do just that. I still have the laneway lift from our house up on Farlain Lake. It was a dog sled with a rope thru the trees and pullies with a stop start button at the top and bottom of the hill and a drive motor/gear box at the top of the hill chained to a hydro pole. Leah used it for groceries and the kids when Daryl and Jennifer were about 5 and 3 !

Thanks Dan.. found a 17' track Acorn in Flamborough that will be just long enough for our staircase, but I'm not gonna jump just yet. Leah's going to talk to another Mother who's daughter had similar surgery last year and get her opinion on what they did. We can't make it too easy for Jen, unfortunately, or it wouldn't be doing her a favour in the long run.

I'll watch for your PM and let you know!

THANKS

I assume you want an outdoor unit but if you need an indoor we occasionally see them being removed from the houses we sell. They tend to go pretty cheap if you do the removal yourself. It's not complicated and there's very little damage to repair afterward but that can be figured into the price. If you want I can put out the word to the others in my board and ask them to let me know if they see anything. You might try the same in your local board.

JF

Dis is true me friend... I'm sure Dan will send me a PM. Thanks!

Wayne, We have a friend here in the states that is going to need one. I Googled the topic and found quite a bit of info including some used onesw.

Thanks guys.. indoor.. 17 ' +/- straight stair case (16 steps).

That's kinda long but I bet with your resources it would be no problem extending the track and drive bits. Straight is good. I'll put out a call here.

JF

pretty amazing network we have here... :clapping:

Wayne, at our local university we have, and had buildings without 2nd floor access via elevators. The company Lakehead University used was probably an industrial installation company called Garaventa. I have seen the ads on TV for others. The ones we have I believe are not limited to floor levels, and could travel around 180 degree turns at landings.

Thanks Tom and et all... we have a straight run.. other than I built the stairs with "the suggestion" that they turn over the last 5 steps by making tapered treads so that you would get the illusion you need to turn as you exit the bottom of the stairs. Works great, but it does make for a small concave shape to the stair rise overall. Shouldn't be an issue, I'll just have to modify the center support legs or shim the ones that come with the lift. Screwing into my nice oak stairs isn't high on my want to do's.. but what can you do.

Dan B has me all set if I need him, with a generous offer to supply and install. I also have a lightly used one lined up that has the 17' track that I need. Dan says adding a bit isn't generally possible as they normally get sold as 16' units and get cut down for shorter rises. IE: they're designed for one mid span joint using two 8 foot tracks.. not a 2nd joint to add a bit to them with the rack and pinion gear having to mess perfectly.

Hoping Leah gets a chance to talk with the other girls mother soon. Either way I may just go snap up the used one I found as I can always resell it if I don't, and hopefully don't, install one.

stair1.jpg

stair2.jpg

stair3.jpg

Edited by irishfield