Report-Pics

TDunn

Well the past week hasn't had to much fishing involved for me. Last saturday afternoon, I hit a bay on Superior with two buddies looking to catch a few whities. Nothing. Not even a touch and only marked 5-6 fish in 3-4 hours....

Monday afternoon, I got back out on another bay. Only this time I was on the St. Marys.

We weren't looking for whities either. Steelhead and perch were the targets.

Usually at this spot, we hit steelhead in 6ft of water or so and about 30 -40 feet away in 16-18ft of water we catch perch. The perch were steady throughout the afternoon with a couple good flurries that kept us busy.

Mike brought some home to eat.

083.jpg

086.jpg

014-2.jpg

Ended up landing 1 steelhead that afternoon. The fish hit a Northland Gypsi Jig tipped with a waxie. Works great either jigged or deadsticked. This fish hit a deadstick and measured in just shy of 33". What a fight!

005-1.jpg

079.jpg

010-2.jpg

I was hoping to get back out there before this weekend but it is not looking good. Honey-do list and a few other things are going to keep me off the water until saturday.

Ive been fishing my girlfriends camp for 8 years during the summer months but have never made it up there on the ice. This weekend that will change. Heading up just north of Hornepayne for 5 days or so of relaxing and hopefully some awesome pike/walleye fishing. Then its back to steelhead!

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

what's the diameter on that hole???

Nice fish!

Only had the 6" with us that afternoon.

It was a little hairy when the fish was beneath the hole but Mike did a good job landing the fish safely once I got its head started up the hole.

Next time we will have both the 6" and 8".

Thanks for all the great comments!