Bit of a Rant

Joey

So Paul has been using the Lowrance fishfinder from the boat for ice fishing this season, and its been okay, but not the best. Terry and Lloyd both tried to figure out why it was not marking fish as it should be and then Terry hooked up his ice transducer to it and bingo, that was the ticket. So before our trip next week we wanted to get one.

Paul decided to go with the Lowrance Portable Ice Kit Pack, which said it was compatible with the fishfinder he is using. It includes the transducer, a few accessories and a nice little carry pack for almost the same price as just the transducer alone. We had to order up from Cabelas and hoped it would arrive in time (we leave Saturday). It arrived yesterday - woohoo!!! Paul goes to get it all hooked up last night and sure enough, it won't connect.

If you can believe it, the little connection instruction pamphlet says "If you have the blue connection, you need to order connector adapter #blahblahblah." What a crock!!!

So I was on the horn all morning trying to find this adapter. Radioworld says it is special order and will take a month :wallbash: The 800 number on the pamphlet is no longer good for ordering and you cannot reach a live person, you have order it online, and guess what, they do not ship to Canada. The Lowrance site has it, but when you go to order, it redirects you to the site that will not ship to Canada and you can't get a live person on the phone. :wallbash::wallbash:

What a fiasco. I finally found a place in Mississauga that actually has the adaptor and will ship it overnight by Purolator so we have it in time, but it'll cost me and was a bugger to find.

So anybody thinking of getting the Lowrance Ice Kit Pack, be sure you get the adapter at the same time!

Okay, rant over, thanks for listening :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Is it Saturday yet :lol:

Try calling Angling outfitter they have just about everything for the units. Hope the new one get there fast for ya Joey

Thanks Mike, but its already (hopefully) on its way. I'm just miffed that it would not already be in the package/price. It should been adaptable to the kit is what I'm getting at I spose!

Try calling Angling outfitter they have just about everything for the units. Hope the new one get there fast for ya Joey

Took the words right out of my mouth...pretty much anything for Lowrance can be found at Jos' place.

Good luck and have fun, Joey and Paul!!!!!! :Gonefishing:

Hey Joey, what ice kit did you get? There were two different kits, one for a connection like the X67, and one for the blue connection like the 5" HDS5. I just got a kit from Radio World at the end of December, but they didn't send me the new blue soft ice kit, they sent me the old stock grey kit :wallbash: I should have known better than to order something online that I cannot see. Furthermore, it didn't come with a bracket. Luckily, someone here told me when I went to order my kit and got the bracket at the same time, or I would have been in the same place you are. It is frustrating when you order something that isn't fully equipped or receive old stock for sure.

Hope you get it on time, and I hear you won the Tyler event, congrats!

Hey Joey, what ice kit did you get? There were two different kits, one for a connection like the X67, and one for the blue connection like the 5" HDS5. I just got a kit from Radio World at the end of December, but they didn't send me the new blue soft ice kit, they sent me the old stock grey kit :wallbash: I should have known better than to order something online that I cannot see. Furthermore, it didn't come with a bracket. Luckily, someone here told me when I went to order my kit and got the bracket at the same time, or I would have been in the same place you are. It is frustrating when you order something that isn't fully equipped or receive old stock for sure.

Hope you get it on time, and I hear you won the Tyler event, congrats!

Hi Aaron, it is the new blue kit and says it is compatible with our finder, so you would assume the adaptor would be included eh!!! Yes, frustrating is a nice word for it LOL. Glad you got yours figured out and it is working. Time for a monster laker for you :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the congrats, it was pretty exciting for me to win that :clapping:

that is strange

I tried my transducer on his and it worked and it was from the blue ice kit....

I would think the kit had the wrong transducer in the kit

Well Terry, I called Cabelas, and I have to say, they have excellent customer service. Whether the adapter was supposed to be in there or not, they have agreed to pay for the new one that I buy and $10 for the aggravation. All I have to do it tell them how much I spend and they have it noted on my file to reimburse. They were very apologetic, although not sure if it was supposed to be in there or not due to what the pamphlet said. Either way, Cabelas gets a Kudos from me for their customer service on this one.

Well Terry, I called Cabelas, and I have to say, they have excellent customer service. Whether the adapter was supposed to be in there or not, they have agreed to pay for the new one that I buy and $10 for the aggravation. All I have to do it tell them how much I spend and they have it noted on my file to reimburse. They were very apologetic, although not sure if it was supposed to be in there or not due to what the pamphlet said. Either way, Cabelas gets a Kudos from me for their customer service on this one.

as long as he can see his lure and catch fish...catch fish .as if...LOL

oh wait he did start catching them didn't he...

Might not matter Hun... marked nothing for 5 days! Weather/changes are nuts.. and hope it settles before you get there. 90K winds yesterday...

Well I lie.. I marked one fish... and Walleyemaster and his buddies laughed when I said so(as I was in 15 fow) and then I threw the laker on the ice! :o

Edited by irishfield

Might not matter Hun... marked nothing for 5 days! Weather/changes are nuts.. and hope it settles before you get there. 90K winds yesterday...

Well I lie.. I marked one fish... and Walleyemaster and his buddies laughed when I said so(as I was in 15 fow) and then I threw the laker on the ice! :o

Wayne, My buddies were up to Tamar last weekend and did well for walleye. Only one laker though. They are going back this weekend.

Well at least you caught something, hopefully not the last laker in the lake ;)

Cabin held up I hope? Did ya shovel the roof :D

Yep... it was the last one!!

Didn't have to shovel the roof... but it did take me 4 hours to get the deck/walk shovelled and everything carried up. That damn snow fence.. I mean wind wall.. of Leah's!

deck.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Yep... it was the last one!!

Didn't have to shovel the roof... but it did take me 4 hours to get the deck/walk shovelled and everything carried up. That damn snow fence.. I mean wind wall.. of Leah's!

You mean that beautiful bird killer traps snow too :lol: