Hahahaha.....

TJQ

laughed when I saw it on WFN last wednesday...I also thought the camera man was going to fall in. At first I thought he kicked it in himself. I think had he not had the camera he would have been dedicated enough to dive in and catch it right in the first 2 seconds. AND heaven forbid I have to lay my rod down for emergency purposes with line or fish in the water I just leave the bail open :P

Edited by Canucker

Here's what Big Jim had to say about it on Facebook, LOL!

Jim McLaughlin; Look's like a musky ROLLED UP THE RIM TO WIN on my peanut walleye and won a LOOMIS & SHIMANO CHRONARCH COMBO...Richard...I did cry like a baby...edited out to preserve my reputation.

Here's what Big Jim had to say about it on Facebook, LOL!

Hey Guy's, what you saw is exactly the way it happened...I am still having nightmares over the whole event...had just caught a 34 inch walleye on that outfit with a Shad Rap #9 the day before and I was tearing em' up, in fact a picture on the cover of Just Fishing's new issue is of that fish.

It was either a musky or pike that snatched MY PEANUT WALLEYE it as it went out of the boat like a missile...as we all saw.

We did spend about an hour with musky outfits spooled with 100lb. Power Pro and open fish stringers which we had to buy in town...caught all sorts of good STUFF...but no freakin LOOMIS RODS WITH CHRONARCH'S on them...well at least I know where there is more LOOMIS RODS AND SHIMANO REELS.

I was on a tear up there, but Dave kicked my ass that day...as soon as he left my tear continued????

Was a great week up there which we dubbed "WALLEYE PALLOOZA 2010"...MERCER, IZUMI, ME, HOCKLEY, MAHONEY, MACMURRY, ALLARD, JACKSON, MAZUCCA, and more...

The price of youtube??? OBVIOUS!!!!

Going out to the garage to cry some more...

ENJOY!!!!

BIG JIM...

Stuff like that happens all the time. Big Jim looked pissed though. biggrin.gif

Two summers ago I was on a back lake with my then 5 year old daughter.

She caught a nice pike and I laid my rod down to deal with it.

Of course a 3lb smallie grabbed my jig and dragged my $400 rod/reel overboard.

It sank straight down to a shelf about 15' below me. Then started being dragged by the bass into this huge 35' hole.

I threw my daughters pike away and without thinking--just reacting, dove overboard to catch my rod before it was pulled into the abyss.

I just grabbed it in time. When I did the bass went airborne and I was actually fighting it underwater. biggrin.gif

Lipped it beside the boat with one arm around the gunnel.

Definitely a memorable fish.

My little girl tells everyone "Daddy dives in after the fish!!!" laugh.gif

Priceless !!!

The wife threw her rod in last year while casting.35' of murky St Lawerence river water.

May it rest in peace......whistling.gif

Hey Guy's, what you saw is exactly the way it happened...I am still having nightmares over the whole event...had just caught a 34 inch walleye on that outfit with a Shad Rap #9 the day before and I was tearing em' up, in fact a picture on the cover of Just Fishing's new issue is of that fish.

It was either a musky or pike that snatched MY PEANUT WALLEYE it as it went out of the boat like a missile...as we all saw.

We did spend about an hour with musky outfits spooled with 100lb. Power Pro and open fish stringers which we had to buy in town...caught all sorts of good STUFF...but no freakin LOOMIS RODS WITH CHRONARCH'S on them...well at least I know where there is more LOOMIS RODS AND SHIMANO REELS.

I was on a tear up there, but Dave kicked my ass that day...as soon as he left my tear continued????

Was a great week up there which we dubbed "WALLEYE PALLOOZA 2010"...MERCER, IZUMI, ME, HOCKLEY, MAHONEY, MACMURRY, ALLARD, JACKSON, MAZUCCA, and more...

The price of youtube??? OBVIOUS!!!!

Going out to the garage to cry some more...

ENJOY!!!!

BIG JIM...

Nice to see you chime in Jim. It was pretty obvious you were pissed. :lol:

IF you haven't lost a rod or two in the lake you haven't done much fishing... whistling.gif

Sorry, I politely disagree. I've never lost a rod into anybody of water and I've done plenty of fishing.

Off the roof of my vehicle, well that's a different story. whistling.gif

Sorry, I politely disagree. I've never lost a rod into anybody of water and I've done plenty of fishing.

Off the roof of my vehicle, well that's a different story. whistling.gif

clapping.gif beat ya....never lost a rod Period. Stepped on a few thoughwallbash.gif I watch some of the shows, and they have rods all over the deck.That would make me crazy, plus probably put me in the poor house.

Paul

Nice to see you chime in Jim. It was pretty obvious you were pissed. :lol:

No doubt I was pissed man...probably 75 walleye's in the boat over two days before Dave arrived and not one got off...that rod works and I only had one there...my only memory of the trip is the 34 inch behemoth, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I was more upset at losing the Shad Rap #9...every once in a while you get a hard bait that just works better than the rest...that was one of them for sure.

Take Care

BIG JIM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~out'

I would like to have seen Big Jim do this...from an Aussie show I used to watch

Years ago during an O.V. PRO BASS event on Tri Lakes I had the unfortunate event to bump a stump with the electric go over the front just as a fish hit my Moss Boss(wonder if they still make em')...I landed in the pads and never missed a stroke of the reel handle...2 3/4 pounder rounded out the limit...only thing that would have made the whole thing better is it would have been a five or six.

BIG JIM>>>>>>>>>

No doubt I was pissed man...probably 75 walleye's in the boat over two days before Dave arrived and not one got off...that rod works and I only had one there...my only memory of the trip is the 34 inch behemoth, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I was more upset at losing the Shad Rap #9...every once in a while you get a hard bait that just works better than the rest...that was one of them for sure.

Take Care

BIG JIM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~out'

You should have dove in after it.

That would've topped Bill Dance's bloopers any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :lol:

Years ago during an O.V. PRO BASS event on Tri Lakes I had the unfortunate event to bump a stump with the electric go over the front just as a fish hit my Moss Boss(wonder if they still make em')...I landed in the pads and never missed a stroke of the reel handle...2 3/4 pounder rounded out the limit...only thing that would have made the whole thing better is it would have been a five or six.

BIG JIM>>>>>>>>>

Funny stuff after the fact but not too humourous as it's happening. One of my favourite surface baits was the Moss Boss especially because of its simplicity and ease of use. My go to pattern was the black scale. And yes, Heddon still makes them and they are usually available on special at $3.99

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

003-4.jpg

I think I've told this story before but here goes....

The photo above is of a PB smallie I caught a few summers ago. I quickly removed the hook after this photo, then held up the brute for a photo.

My rod with small grub was left dangling over the side of the boat, tail barely touching the water. Just as we took the next photo a second smaller bass, about 3lb grabbed the jig at boatside and hauled my wife's brand new pflueger/berkley over the side of the boat. It was hard to be mad about it considering the fish I had just caught, but my father in law and I decided to try and catch the rod.

I tied on a large spoon while my father in law tied on a large treble hook will a large bell sinker dangling from one of the hook points... We systematically dragged the 10ft depths for five minutes before my father in laws rod started to bounce...

"I think i got it" he said.

But as he pulled it next to the jon boat we both gasped "It's a PIKE"...

The fish were in such a frenzy that day that the 6lb gator had actually hit the hook and sinker...

I didn't get the rod back, but I sure did get a great story.

You can actually see the rod hanging over the side of the boat just before it disappeared...

004-5.jpg