How I beat the law... sort of

cwpowell

Cops let each other off with everything. Drunk driving included.

All I ever hear about is how dangerous it is to be a cop. A construction worker is 8 times more likely to be killed at work than a cop.

I thought that was an interesting stat. It was given at a yearly job site safety meeting done by the Construction Safety Association of Ontario.

The only people the Ministry of Labour "let off" is the companies that endanger the worker.

I should have become a cop. Clean drivers abstract for life. Safe working environment (well, 8 times safer than mine is). Less travel. Job security, and a public sympathy card that can be played anytime.

Aloha

Yes. According to cops there are legions and hordes of dope dealing gangsters joining mma clubs with drug money in order to hurt cops. Hahahaha. As you hinted with tour sarcastic comment about them joining clubs to hurt construction workers.

Anyways, last time I was on the 407 I saw a yorky and an opp racing each other and laughing, and weaving in and out of traffic. They were like 25 years old. If your a civilian that is called street racing. There is no chance in hell that those two punks would ever get "done up".

So I take it he is getting paid?

It takes big brother to nab cops because they cover up each others crime. So the fact that cops are getting "done up" provides me with no solace as my point on the good old boys club remains as valid as ever.

Yes I will go call a contruction worker when I am in trouble .Get real.

Not the point. The point I was making with that line of discourse is this. Cops talk as if they are in the midst if a great and dangerous war every day when the fact of the matter is this, they are in a lot less danger than let's say for example (my example) a construction worker. Whe a construction worker gets killed some rich guy gets a small fine and when something happens to a cop the city gets a fevered bloodlust for revenge.

And if you want to have a heart attack anywhere, try having one near a jobsite because most construction workers will CPR you back to life before the ambulance gets there.

Funny...I didn't know on construction sites you get punched, spat on, attacked, driven at by cars, hit by cars, called every name in the book for doing your job and then having people tell you you're no good and corrupt...if you don't believe me head to east beaver creek or luxys on a friday/saturday night. I'm sure the people that walk by construction sites don't try to test their man hood by taking a swing at you.... this sounds like the guy last week on am640 saying that being a taxi driver was more dangerous than being a cop...

Not the point. The point I was making with that line of discourse is this. Cops talk as if they are in the midst if a great and dangerous war every day when the fact of the matter is this, they are in a lot less danger than let's say for example (my example) a construction worker. Whe a construction worker gets killed some rich guy gets a small fine and when something happens to a cop the city gets a fevered bloodlust for revenge.

And if you want to have a heart attack anywhere, try having one near a jobsite because most construction workers will CPR you back to life before the ambulance gets there.

You are quickly becoming my hero :clapping:

A lot of people work in dangerous jobs, but arguing who has the MOST dangerous job is like a couple little kids arguing over who has the toughest dad.

And for what it's worth and for anybody that doesn't already know, my son was an iron worker for 20 years and worked the high steel all over the world and was killed when he fell from a building he was putting up.

One of the most dangerous jobs around, but he NEVER talked about the dangers of his job with anybody except his co-workers & me.

Give it up guys.

Edited by lew

Funny...I didn't know on construction sites you get punched, spat on, attacked, driven at by cars, hit by cars, called every name in the book for doing your job and then having people tell you you're no good and corrupt...if you don't believe me head to east beaver creek or luxys on a friday/saturday night. I'm sure the people that walk by construction sites don't try to test their man hood by taking a swing at you.... this sounds like the guy last week on am640 saying that being a taxi driver was more dangerous than being a cop...

I get called names at my job too but I can't give them warnings and then ultimately throw them down and arrest them for doing it, if I did I would be fired. When most people sign up for a job they know the risks.

Probably is. How many times a week does a cop get robbed at knife point? He may have had a point. I bet if he was caught street racing he wouldn't be put on paid suspension by the good old boys club either. I am done with this. The fact of the matter is that cops do not have to adhere to the law like normal citizens. Simple as that. They are also the ones busting citizens to the letter of the laws that they themselves do not follow. How can a cop keep a straight face issuing a speeding ticket when minutes earlier and later and on there own time they drive around like idiots. How do they issue a ticket for running a red light with a straight face when they throw the cherries on to get through them to get to Tim Horton's faster. Where they get free coffee for being the finest people on earth.

The rest of us can not talk out of both sides of our mouths or we are taken to task for it. When there is any discourse about the state of the police the cops do just as they always do. Puke out the same old propaganda and cover each others behinds.

I love how they scold citizens for not coming forward as witnesses. Then when 20 or so cops witnessed the unlawful beating of a citizen By a another cop there was nothing but crickets.

Sorry but these are the types of things that make cops lose credibility.

Edited by Grimace