Met Fellow OFNCer today

Bernie

Hello all. I met my first fellow OFNCer today. It was a great way to start for me to meet with Trapshooter :thumbsup_anim: . Ben is a fine young man with many good qualities. He is well mannered and a real gentleman. We had a good chat about many things. I think we even got around to the topic of fishing. Thanks for stopping by today Ben. It was a real pleasure to meet you. I am looking forward to meeting many more OFNCers in the future. :D

Hey Bernie! The pleasure was all mine. Thanks a lot for taking care of the car (aka Nemo - who puts one side view mirror on a car?). What a great shop you've got down there, well worth the drive to Powassan!

Loved the tour of the boat shop too Bernie, thanks again.

Bernie's family has been building Giesler Boats in Powassan since the 1920's. All hand crafted cedar boats, what a true skill and art. Some of you may recognize these fine boats from being at Lakair Lodge.

Thanks for the jigs too Bernine! I'll send you a pic of a nice Lac Seul walleye with one of your jigs hanging out of it's mouth. I'll strap a glow one on first :)

Cheers,

ben.

Edited by trapshooter

Meeting OFNers is great! Good on you guys for hooking up. Bernie, Bly and I are looking forward to meeting you up there...looks like we'll be in your neck of the woods in July...we'll let you know when for sure and hopefully we can do a little fishin!

Guest mistyriver1
Bernie's family has been building Giesler Boats in Powassan since the 1920's. All hand crafted cedar boats, what a true skill and art. Some of you may recognize these fine boats from being at Lakair Lodge.

Bernie, when we were up at Lakair last year, Kevin and Leslie gave us a little backgound about your shop and boats and said it was quite the thing to see. Your work is excellent.

Always nice when you can meet up with someone in person who you only know thru a computer screen.

Here's a few of those beautiful Lakair cedarstrips.....definate works of art !! Not much on the market these days that compares to them as far as workmanship goes.

Nip, I knew you and your family manufactured cedarstrip boats up there, but didn't realise the ones at Lakair were yours too !!

Cnv0496.jpg

Well Bernie, we should hook up for a little walleye fishin on Wolfe Lake near your neck of the woods. I go there every summer for a couple of weeks. What beautiful country up there. My kids have a blast swimming, fishing and frog hunting!. Will let you know when I'm heading up.

Rob C

Here's a few of those beautiful Lakair cedarstrips.....definate works of art !! Not much on the market these days that compares to them as far as workmanship goes.

It was something else to see a pile of big cedar planks as they had arrived from out west at one end of the one building then seeing a beautiful wood boat all ready for hardware and an engine. Bernie mentioned a lot of the equipment/tools used are older then he is. I was facinated by it all. Just being in the building I could feel a sense of the tradition and outstanding workmanship. Thanks again for the tour Bernie :thumbsup_anim: