My take on the show

misfish

They are giving away a 22 foot Starcraft Islander for I think 28 grand. Inboard 6. Beautiful boat.

I fell in love with the Lund Tyee 1850.

All in all the show is the same as it has always been. A good day out. I did not buy a thing except an off the docks shirt for my son. All the fishing shills were there selling the same old stuff. Lots of walking billboards.

A good day out.

Was there today also, just took a few pictures of the boats. Good show, a first time for me. JP had a decent seminar there today. Was also nice to stop and talk to the CO's that were there, lot's of good info these guys gave me in part to my schooling etc..

Here are a few pic's

ScreenHunter_07Feb191554.jpg

ScreenHunter_08Feb191554.jpg

ScreenHunter_11Feb191555.jpg

ScreenHunter_13Feb191556.jpg

ScreenHunter_14Feb191556.jpg

That is too bad Dan. The guys at the store are awesome. I Overheard a guy at the booth talking to a guy about flashers and he did not seem to know much. I think if you stopped into the store you would gave been pleasantly surprised with the selection and knowledge.

There wasn't much to be impressed with. Almost everyone selling the same 5-6 lines of plastics. The usual discount racks and bins. A couple of newer outfitters. Got a chuckle watching 2 wee fellas fight trout in the pond.

Couple of seminars that were worthwhile. The one chef had a potato and leek walleye dish that was heavenly.

Met up with HTHM, and spent some time chatting with Maureen at Off The Dock. I love the caricatures you do. Well worth the money.

Edited by bigugli

I was there yesterday. I enjoyed the Pyzer, Mania, Izumi and JP seminars. Bought up a bunch of Japanese lures from Pro J and fishing world. I was happy to see that Dobyns rods had a presence at Pro J and Fishing world. For those of you that don't know about Dobyns, they are sweet bass rods. IMO more sensitive and more attractive and better balanced than G Loomis. I have the Champion extreme 744 rod and its the best rod I have ever used for pitching jigs and platics. Unfortunately they didnt have the model I was looking for in stock. JBs had some good deals on muskie lures and rods.

I will be back Monday morning to see the master muskie seminar :clapping:

Edited by Whitemikeca

There wasn't much to be impressed with. Almost everyone selling the same 5-6 lines of plastics. The usual discount racks and bins. A couple of newer outfitters. Got a chuckle watching 2 wee fellas fight trout in the pond.

Couple of seminars that were worthwhile. The one chef had a potato and leek walleye dish that was heavenly.

Met up with HTHM, and spent some time chatting with Maureen at Off The Dock. I love the caricatures you do. Well worth the money.

Hey Bruce It was good to see you there.