Rapala Clackin' Cranks

manitoubass2

I picked up a few from Canadian Tire the other day. I was interested in the minnow and firetiger patters for spring walleye and warm weather bass. They look nice but I'm interested in how well these will work in comparison to say, DT 10's, which I use frequently.

Has anyone had the chance to try them or have they just hit the market?

If so, what are your thoughts/experiences with these baits?

DWith the square bill, do they deflect off of rocks etc as good as DT series baits?

Edited by manitoubass2

I;ve tried the Clackin Raps last summer.Caught a couple LMB.They are noisy for sure.i could here mine coming 10 15 feet from the boat. I didnt use it much cause i wasnt sure exactly how to fish it properly.Spoke to one Pro, and its a jerk jerk crank retrieve that works the best.

Love the DT series though Sail had em on for 3.99 last fall and i stocked up.

I;ve tried the Clackin Raps last summer.Caught a couple LMB.They are noisy for sure.i could here mine coming 10 15 feet from the boat. I didnt use it much cause i wasnt sure exactly how to fish it properly.Spoke to one Pro, and its a jerk jerk crank retrieve that works the best.

Love the DT series though Sail had em on for 3.99 last fall and i stocked up.

I use the clackin raps as well, not very often though. Sometimes I'll use them to gauge how aggressive the walleyes are feeding. I like the smaller versions for ice fishing though, there pretty reliable in that sense of fishing.

I just wonder how well the cranks will be though? If it will have that same wobble as the DT series? If they deflect as well as the DT series, etc.

I'm hoping they work well well the water goes milkshake from levels going up on the river.

they will definately work in stained/murky water.Probably wont deflect as much as the DTs.I'm going the hunting/fishing show at the end of the month.I will see if i can talk to a rep and get some info on them.

Paul

Cool.

Yeah, I figured there new, no rapala video on them yet.

I was really hoping they would deflect like the DTs, those things are awesome.

clapping.gifclapping.gif

I'm getting a 500$ Rapala Bonus gift from Princecraft when i pick up my new boat in April. I sure hope there are some of these in the packageclapping.gifclapping.gif

Sweet, thats like 3 lures, lol.

That is pretty awesome though.

My son was super excited to meet Al Linder a few years back at the Fort Frances Bass Championships. We ran into him at the bait shop, talked fishing (mainly my son talking), and Al reached into his boat storage and pulled out a box of Clackin' Raps for him. There was at least 50 of them, very kind of Al. My son is still pumped about it, lol