MinnKota I-Pilot - any good

sneak_e_pete

Buy it!!! Just the anchor feature is worth it. It's amazing and accurate. One day I was out on Rice Lake at the railway bed recording my track during the day...so I could return at night to fish. As I was going along I saw a lure stuck to a log....thinking that I should stop and grab it, but I didn't want to stop recording my track so I just left it. The next day I came back, hit the track feature on the remote, about 1.5km later while the boat was SAFELY driving through the railway, the lure appears again...I hit the anchor feature, grabbed the lure and continued on my way. Just buy it...it's a game changer. Just be careful not to hit the "Rabbit" button, I almost through myself out of the boat when she kicked in!!lol

I have about 6km worth of tracking recorded for Rice lake....it's awesome. I drive close to my spots with the big motor, kill the engine, and select which route I want A, B, or C and the boat does it's thing...simply amazing.

If anyone ever wants a demonstration comes spring time...give me a shout. I would be more than happy to.

Cheers

Jason

I got one last september and so i only have about 2 months of getting used to it but as the posts above state, it changes the way you can fish and the anchor button takes all the frustration out of trying to stay on a spot that is experienced with other bowmounts.

got mine in winnipeg,for about $1500. it also has the universal sonar (but I don't use it).