Handheld GPS

GBW

Geoff, have used a Garmin GP72 for years for exactly what you want to do. I have also just purchased a used Lowrance H2O so I can use my hotmaps from my boat GPS. I have found the Garmin works well, however, I wanted to see the lake depths for new and better ice fishing grounds.

I paid $75.00 for the H2O on Kijiji.

i just bought a etrac venture hc radioworld has them on sale for a 100.00 comes with case, dash mount, and car adaptor.

have you used it yet? Do you like it? Is it easy to use? I just might have to order one too... :whistling:

i have the H2Oc

i love it.

very simple to operate.

only problem is , i heard they dont make them any more. :dunno:

if you can find one used, grab it!!!!!!!!!

Dan, I find my H2O doesn't like the cold though. I have to keep mine in th e hut if I want to use it when it get really cold. :wallbash:

absolutely! at any elevated security level, homeland security can scramble the US satellites, not to mention mechanical failure.

the cheap ones work fine,mine is a cheapy and had it for a while now and best purchase ever for boating especially for getting back to great fishing holes or reefs hopefully you will not need it to find your way home in a storm an ERB likely a good purchase as well.

how do you like it?

I was planning to get one.

it showed up on tues i work nights and havent had a hole lot of time to play i did have it with we at work and had the tracking turned on it showed me walking to tim hortons at break. \i think i will like it for the price you cant beat it. If your ordering from radio world watch wich one you order there is 2 differnt units one is cheaper

if you plan on taking it out on softwater, my advice is get one that floats -- tie-ing the boat up on one of the last outings last year "splash what was .... o fudge".right out of my jacket pocket as I was leaning over the dock in low water levels......wallbash.gif--

Garmin 76CSX, had it for four years. This thing will tell me what side of the street I am on. The topo Canada map has incredible detail, even portages between tiny lakes north of Superior. It has huge memory capability, is waterproof, and it floats.

Be wary of using a GPS that doesn't store a map. An old buddy was hunting, and stored the location of his truck, but failed to load the map for the area. As a result, he was stuck trying to find a good way around a big (unknown) swamp in late October with the sun going down - he didn't know where he was, only where his truck was. He got very wet, and cold, and likely would not have made his way out that night, or at all. FRS radio, lots of ammo for signalling, and buddies looking for him saved his hairy pimply that day.

The price being quoted for a gps like this one is a great deal, I paid almost double that, still worth every penny.