Maui Jim customer service!

porkpie

So I had a 2 year old pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. Probably set me back about $200 or more, can't remember exactly right now, but expensive. On the weekend, there was a mishap that left my favorite pair of polarized Maui's snapped in half at the bridge. I called up customer service on Monday, wondering if I could pay to have it replaced, as the lenses where excellent, and they said no problem come on in. I show up, hand over sunglasses, lady behind counter walks away, takes them in back, then comes out and tells me they are fixing them no charge. I think wow, thats pretty damn cool, as I told her they where 2 years old. She comes back in a couple minutes, and hands me a new Maui glass case, with a set of shades in it. I look at them, and the lenses are brand new, the frame is new ( my old ones were faded on some lettering) so basically Maui Jim handed me a brand new set of sunglasses after I broke my existing set of 2 year old glasses, free of charge. Yes I paid a lot for them initially, but I was still super impressed. Not a lot of companies out there would do that!!!! So, if your looking for good polarized sunglasses..... you know what to do!!!! Truly great customer service!

I bought a pair almost 20 years ago! I still have them and I still wear them fishing!

Admittedly, they are not really the fashion statement they once were, but they are the best I have owned!

Good to hear that they match an excellent product with great customer service!

HH

Really glad to see this thread. I may look at them for my next pair. I bought Bluewater optics 3 or 4 years ago and love the glasses but the style I bought do not fit my wide head very well. Over the years the lenses broke where they attach to the frames( these are the partial frame type and the lens is screwed to the frame).I found the contact info for my area rep and called him, explaining what happened and asked if I could buy new lenses for this pair. My thought was to get new lenses and give the glasses to my son and purchase another set better suited to my fat head for myself from Bluewater. He told me he may be able to get new lenses and that he would discount a new pair for me. I replied that that was not necessary and agreed to take the old glasses for him to pick up from my local tackle shop that is in his region ( that he told me he needed to visit soon any ways). I delivered the glasses and gave a follow up call to let him know they were there. All was great up to this point. It has been about 4 months since and he has never shown up to the tackle shop. I can see forgetting about my glasses but what kind of service is the shop recieving. Makes me think I should scrap the glasses and look at a new brand. To me good customer service goes a long way. Just to be fair I have not dealt with the company themselves yet just the regional rep.