Dick's Sporting Goods

Pigeontroller

Just an FYI, if you were thinking of heading to Buffalo anytime soon. I was at the 2 Dicks today(1 near Boulevard Mall, and 1 at Galleria Mall in Buffalo)

Both had some great clearance prices on Rapalas and other Cranks (check the Bins/racks marked %50 off)

Rapala Shadraps and fatraps and other assorted cranks $2.50-3.00

Rapala Super Shad Raps $5.00

Mepps Musky Maraboo $5.00

By supporting competition the consumer wins. When you buy a Ford do you only use factory oil filter and oil or do you buy a better priced or better made item? I haven't paid the extra price of the Mercedes boxed parts since I found I could bulk buy the same parts overseas at over 40% savings including shipping.

Art

.............. Well I agree, However:

Yes the Jobs & Taxes kept within our community really does count. But: (*SMILES*) since most of the MONOPOLIES in the fishing industry are all overseas, and 99% of the stuff is being manufactured in CHINA anyway.....

Unfortunately, the CANADIAN CONSUMER gets HOSED here at home.

Why do we end up paying 2-3 TIMES the amount for the same product as our American Friends?

It's PATHETIC!

I have always supported local tackle shops ... etc. But, lately I have to admit to making SEVERAL PURCHASES ONLINE (Dollar on Par, Reasonable shipping) for lots of Hooks, Line, Gulp etc.

The consumer ultimately controls everything (Well at least in the long run) and I'm fed up paying 2-3 time more.

Anyone else agree?

I totally agree. Much as I love to support the local guys, and Canada in general. I like to support my "bottom line" just as much. I too have made some purchases online in the last few years, after never having done so. If I can get the same product for X amount of dollars cheaper, that is where I'm going to buy.

Had I been in that store and saw Rapalas for that price, your darn right I'd be snapping up a few.

I've been looking for a new Yamaha Grizzley 550 EPS, The Canadian website is $2,400 more than US (after promos). I want to buy from a Canadian dealer but I refused to be screwed with paying @ 30% premium. Even with duty and tax it should be no more than a 10% premium. We are being gouged. Considering this is discretionary income/spend you would think they would be a little more concerned....

I think I'll just keep my money....

Thanks for the heads up. Might save a few guys some dollars that are already going across.

Haven't been to the 2 Dicks Dax.. but my brother and I have tipped pints at the ThreeCocks.

One time I was shopping for sporting goods online and typed in "Dicks"....you don't want to go there... :whistling:

Remember when you purchase in Canada you are contributing to your health care system.

Bob