Leafs In Total Freefall

craigdritchie

Phil Kessel has the worst +/- on the entire leafs... a distinction he shares with LEBDA!

-19?

oof.

Once again....a ridiculous stat that means nothing.A player with two NHL shifts under his belt can have a perfect plus minus.Should we then assume he is a great player??+- is NOT an individual earned stat yet is listed as one.

I look at the stats Chance. Toronto is in 26th and my Bruins are in 7th. It's a team game and Ke$$el isn't a team player therefore he's not wanted on the Bruins. He shouldn't even have been at the all-star game, if they had to have a Leaf then Grabovski should have been selected.

Why are you reverting back to flaunting the fact the Leafs suck...WE KNOW THIS blahblah1.gif

Hmmm okay ,I will play ,why isnt he a team player???Have you sat with his team mates and heard them say such?Does he sit by himself on the bench??Talk to nobody??

Truth be told you are grasping at straws trying to rationalize why you are glad he is gone and in reality you could use his 19 goals.

Answer me this if he is as terrible as you say why was he such a hot commodity amongst all the other GM's??

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Once again....a ridiculous stat that means nothing.A player with two NHL shifts under his belt can have a perfect plus minus.Should we then assume he is a great player??+- is NOT an individual earned stat yet is listed as one.

it's not a ridiculous stat when most players on the team manage, let's say an average of -6 (including all the defenseman who don't get as many points) and kessel, one of the leading POINT getters on the squad still has a -19. it says a lot about his work ethic and defensive responsibility.

if it's not an "individual stat" then why is he far worse than the rest of the team?

but if you wanna drink the burke kool aid, have atter... but at least add some vodka to ease the pain.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

If he's such a hot commodity with all the other GM's why didn't any of them make an offer for him? If he's such a great team player, why did I know a week in advance that he would be picked last at the All-Star game? His shine will wear off for Leaf fans after they watch him for another year and he'll be the whipping boy along with Dion for getting paid so much and doing so little.

it's not a ridiculous stat when most players on the team manage, let's say an average of -6 (including all the defenseman who don't get as many points) and kessel, one of the leading POINT getters on the squad still has a -19. it says a lot about his work ethic and defensive responsibility.

if it's not an "individual stat" then why is he far worse than the rest of the team?

but if you wanna drink the burke kool aid, have atter... but at least add some vodka to ease the pain.

It says alot about the other four players,the goalie,the coach who decided who to put on when etc etc etc etc.I will try one last time then you are on your own.Kessel skates back holding on to his man by the back of his shirt.His man never touches the puck but the other winger rushes and scores.Kessel ran his lane,picked up his assignment yet another player didnt.

Anyhow I am not trying to defend his defensive capabilities.He could use some work but last time I looked he WAS 23,not alot of rookies come into the league with a complete game.

To which pain do you refer?I suppose the cute little catch phraserolleyes.gif "drink"insert whatever team or person here"kool aid" is eluding to the fact that I along with all other Leaf fans are in complete awe of the leafs and all they do.Nice assumption but not even close.I thought my last post where I wrote the Leafs suck should of been a tip off,guess not.

If he's such a hot commodity with all the other GM's why didn't any of them make an offer for him? If he's such a great team player, why did I know a week in advance that he would be picked last at the All-Star game? His shine will wear off for Leaf fans after they watch him for another year and he'll be the whipping boy along with Dion for getting paid so much and doing so little.

Really ,noobobody else made an offer for him,you might want to check your inside source on that one.If you think the all star game is a measure of anything well I think our conversation is over rofl2.gif

Oh boy...being paid so much and doing so little.He is paid to score,not kill penalties,not stop pucks,fight or even coach so he seems to be doing his job.

Anyhow I am getting bored,leaf bashers area dime a dozen posting awesome threads like "leafs in total freefall"after them not making the playoffs or winning the cup in how many years nowthumbsup_anim.gif Yet they lose a handful of games in a row and somebody cant wait to post about this sudden freefall.

Pssst ya might not be aware of this but the Leafs suck and we as leaf fans know this.They havent been contenders in years so really in pointing out the obvious day in and day out it just kind of ,and I do mean kind of ,seems like you are doing nothing more than having a poke at the fans more than the team.Kind of kicking somebody when they are down and have been for many many years. I guess the whole point of that excercise is to feel enjoyment from the pain or dissapointment of others.Unfortunately like I mentioned there is no pain ,most Leaf fans know they are terrible.We always hope for more but in the end we know reality