Well that sucked!!!

This report has been FOUR MONTHS in the making.... And I wish it turned out a little better. Made plans with a bunch of great OFC'ers and good friends to hit my local pond for some panfish this weekend. Last week Rich (bbr) aka slim 2.0 hammered them real good so I had high hopes. I haven't done a serious day of fishing since the fish a thon over 4 months ago so I was stolked to get out... Picked up Rich in simcoe at 6:30 headed to st.williams for minnows then home to get averie and our gear and off to the lake to meet up with Frank and Juli. Long story short, I very rarely get skunked here but it has to happen to all of us! haha it was great to get outside with Averie and some really great people regardless of our results! Rich got a few good perch right off the bat and some oos largies then it shut down!. We marked fish all day but couldn't get them to commit..... Normally we'd run and gun a bunch more but it was tough getting around today!

2 funny things:

1) my little battery quit working for my hummingbird so I decided to drag my big dep cycle out.... HORRIBLE idea... Frigging heavy

2) Frank is like 6'2" - big strong guy and it was his lovely little lady who helped me drag the hut around all day! lol Thanks Juli! And thanks to frank for pulling Averie around a little!

Slow bite meant Averie had to rough it with strawberries and her favorite movie, Jurassic park

a524cf4a.png

This was the sight all day... Fish on the graph and no takers

2e083fe3.png

Picture didn't turn out to well but Juli and Frank workin it!

0e14b338.png

Averie bugged me to take her to our goby spot so she could lay a beating on them for a bit!

0dfde740.png

Rich with a monster OOS largie

c355e028.png

Rich should chime in with a perch pic at some point... Good work - lucky to out fish me..... Again.

Frank I never showed you my transducer setup so here's some pics...

ad2198d9.jpg

86ad5cc4.jpg

Thanks for com in out guys! Hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Ryan

Thanks, Ryan!! We still had great time. By the way, Juli needed that exercise...insert image of me ducking, lol!!

I'll add a few pics in a little bit.

Rich kicked all our butts, he deserved it for being out in the elements all morning/early afternoon!!

Don't let him kid you he spent a little time in the hut with Averie and I! :lol:

Added Photos

Ryan, Averie, and Juli...with Rich rushing out to nail some fish, way ahead

DSCN0531.jpg

Ryan trying to get Averie to drill another hole for him...

IMG_7191.jpg

Rich, fishing and praying, lol!

IMG_7202.jpg

Changing spots

IMG_7203.jpg

Ryan, Averie, and Rich

IMG_7184.jpg

Me having fun with my new auger

IMG_7206.jpg

Juli in the hut, finally figured out why we had such hard luck, today, was that pink/black Leafs toque she was wearing

DSCN0534.jpg

Juli did lose a really nice perch at the hole shortly before we left. We'll get 'em next time, guys. By the way, Ryan, thanks for picking up the minnows today!!!

Edited by FRANKIE65

If it's any consolation Ryan.... I haven't got into any fish this season so far in my first 3 outings :wallbash: so don't feel so bad about it.... at least you were out with great company B):thumbsup_anim:

Give my favorite fisher person a great big hug!!! I'm sure that you guys will get into them next time around :)

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Not sure what all the complaint is about, I was getting bit pretty regularly all day. :-)

DSCF1657.jpg

DSCF1659.jpg

DSCF1661.jpg

Ryan stealing minnows from the local vendor. He took 5000, but left a 10 there so its all good.

(JK! LOL!!!)

DSCF1665.jpg

Base Camp

DSCF1663.jpg

One of the several fish that fell victim to my Kastmaster.

You know, there was a joke made of me being out in the open all day. But that really is why I caught fish. I kept moving, kept changing tactics, kept bombing spoons.. in turn - kept getting bites.

That said, after a day of drilling non stop holes and freezing my bum off in the open - I wish I got skunked comfortably in a hut. LOL

Edited by Rich

Not sure what all the complaint is about, I was getting bit pretty regularly all day. :-)

You know, there was a joke made of me being out in the open all day. But that really is why I caught fish. I kept moving, kept changing tactics, kept bombing spoons.. in turn - kept getting bites.

That said, after a day of drilling non stop holes and freezing my bum off in the open - I wish I got skunked comfortably in a hut. LOL

Think you are "bang on" with why you had more hits, Rich. On a wicked cold front day like yesterday, they sure aren't moving much...so it pays to find them.

I had a little spurt of decent action, in the first location...must have tried almost everything I had in my ice fishing tackle box, but that was it.

Sure was cozy in the hut, though, lol!!

Slow bite meant Averie had to rough it with strawberries and her favorite movie, Jurassic park

a524cf4a.png

Love this set up, car mat, DVD, heater, chair and strawberries.... I am going to steal this, my 4 yr old Cassidy would be in heaven(and quiet). DVD would have to be "Coraline" though.

Edited by Harrison

LOL Averie is scared of Coraline, but has no problem watching Dinosaurs eat people! :blink:

That's funny. Coraline's a hit with her, had to hunt down "lulaloopsie (sp?)" dolls with the button eyes. To be honest, like Averie, I find'em kinda creepy too.