Lowrance service....NF almost

Terry

so

my x67c ice died on me last year

lowrance will not fix them

but will take my old one and give me a deal on a new one..yeah..about the same price as radioworld sells them for

so screw that...

I looked for a x67c with is much cheaper then the 67c ice

I check it out and is told the x67c and x67c ice is the same head just different accessories

I find one used, life is good, have not picked it up yet

I looked on a website and it stated that the x67c ice puts out a max 1500 watts

woo

I thought I saw they only put out 800 watts max

so I start looking

yup it states the x67c puts out 800

and it states the x67c ice is 1500 watts

so I go on lowrance website find contact info send email explaining what I want to know

I get a reply and think to myself,, maybe I did not explain myself too because his answer was you can not just buy the unit you must buy the whole package.. not even close to what I asked

so I reply and ask again with this info included again

the x67c puts out 800 watts

the x67c ice is 1500 watts

how can this be if they are the same unit

and the reply yes the unit puts out a max of 1500 watts

now, I have come to believe not the same person replies to any given email because the each email seems to have nothing to do with the one before. even though the are all on the same replies...

so I reply, but what about the x67 stating that it puts out 800 watts....

the reply

the x67 units only put out 800 watts, who's website did you get the misinformation about 1500 watts

now... I read it twice and yeah the reply before he said they do have 1500 watts and now they don't,.. who is leading me down the garden path

so I reply well it was your website with the misleading info here is a link.......and I gave him a link

at this point the rest of my hair is falling out

the rum bottle is looking like the only way to take away the pain....

you've got mail

I looked in to problem and the reason the x67c ice has 1500 watts and the x67c has 800 watts is because of the ice transducer, is is different and allows the unit to put out more wattage,,,,,,,,,,

thank you for finally going to a technician and asking the question

it was a long drawn out process but I finally got to the bottom of it and it does make sense...

now where is that rum bottle

I need that thanks

So if you put a transducer from a x67c ice on a x67c then the x67c will be 1500 watts. Using a different transducer and getting more watts doesn't make any sense to me at all. Prove it.

"I looked in to problem and the reason the x67c ice has 1500 watts and the x67c has 800 watts is because of the ice transducer, is is different and allows the unit to put out more wattage,,,,,,,,,,"

Using a different transducer and getting more watts doesn't make any sense to me at all. Prove it.

Less resistance I'm guessing.

If an amplifier puts out 50 watts/channel on a 4 ohm load, you can effectively double its output on a 2 ohm load.

If an amplifier puts out 50 watts/channel on a 4 ohm load, you can effectively double its output on a 2 ohm load.

SlowPoke is correct. It is likely the unit is putting out 1500 watts consistently but by changing the resistance

(thicker wires) of the cable it allows more of the amps to flow through the cable and therefore the watts increases.

I am a ham radio operator and I know with them changing antennas (transducers) can really change the wattage output

Could be feed line losses coming into play, I'm sure the ice model would have a shorter tramission line than the boat model. If your antenna is a long ways from your rig then power at the antenna will be quite a bit lower than the rigs output especially if you have poorer grade coax.

this is what I was thinking too

after they said it was because of the transducer

and I see it all the time with different antennas and as long as the ohms is within the units tolerance, it's good to go

this is what I was thinking too

after they said it was because of the transducer

and I see it all the time with different antennas and as long as the ohms is within the units tolerance, it's good to go

It is also good to note that when you buy a transducer always try and buy one with the smallest cone angle. Two reasons for this. 1 it will concentrate the transmitted power and thus producing a stronger signal. 2 the tranducer element will be larger and therefore more sensitive.

You can get the maximum output if the load resistor is the same as the inner resistor from your source.

If the inner resistor is 4 Ohm you never get more power out than with an external resistor of 4 Ohm!

But, in this case...

You can change the transmitted power of your antenna dependening on their efficiency. If the transmitted power is 3dB more efficient you can transmit twice the power.

Example:

Normal Antenna#1 transmit 100 Watt into the water, the source amplifier has 500 Watt

Antenna#2 with +3dB transmit 200 Watt into the water, the source amplifier has 500 Watt

That means, that antenna#2 works like antenne#1 with an amplifier that has 1000 Watt

Edited by Bluegill