slabs and pike

BIG FISH

got out to one of my favorite little lakes for a few hours last night hoping to get a couple walleyes missed a really good bite right at dark and that was it but after it got dark i started to mark these fish coming half way up off bottom and give my minnow a bump then go back down. i figured it could only be one thing so put on a smaller jig and some maggots and BINGO got onto some nice slabs kept half a dozen of the big ones for a snack threw the rest back, no walleyes but i guess these will have to do :D oh by the way all these pics were taken with the iphone :worthy: does a better job than my digital

008.jpg

004.jpg

this was the size of the throwbacks

002.jpg

last weekend got onto a few pike there small but fun to catch on the spoon in 30 fow went 3 for 3

008-1.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

Edited by BIG FISH

thanks for the comments guys and trust me im not complaining crappies are my favorite.rodcaster this is my 3rd year with a flasher and the more i use it the more i love it. these fish would only eat if your bait was half way off bottom. definitelly helped me ice those slabs

I have spent countless hours watching my electronics and from my earliest days of using a black and white flasher to my lss-1 unit of today I still flip the switch to the flasher mode to help me understand what I am looking at.

Art