problems with aqua vu

ch312

when i took the unit out of storage today to get it charged up for tomorrow, i was rather ticked. the screen now rolls from top to bottom making it look like the image is on a roll that rolls from bottom to top continuously. the image is also about 2/3 of its original size?

what the heck could have happened to this thing while it was sitting in my closet all year? i've tried it on 2 batteries with the same result.

any ideas?

when i took the unit out of storage today to get it charged up for tomorrow, i was rather ticked. the screen now rolls from top to bottom making it look like the image is on a roll that rolls from bottom to top continuously. the image is also about 2/3 of its original size?

what the heck could have happened to this thing while it was sitting in my closet all year? i've tried it on 2 batteries with the same result.

any ideas?

Batteries are probobaly pooched!

Mine only does that at very low battery level.

I always charge it up before storing, then in the late summer. I put the charger on the other day, 5 min it was fully charged and good to go.

Bring your batteries to interstate in St creek and have them check it. 30$ or so for a new one and your good.

Batteries are probobaly pooched!

Mine only does that at very low battery level.

I always charge it up before storing, then in the late summer. I put the charger on the other day, 5 min it was fully charged and good to go.

Bring your batteries to interstate in St creek and have them check it. 30$ or so for a new one and your good.

i wish it were that easy. i've tried 3 fully charged 12 volt batteries now with the same problem.

now im gonna have to catch perch the old school way tomorrow :D

Edited by ch312

7 amp?

my spare aqua vu battery thats the same age as the original and a car battery all gave same results. i charge and maintain the battery with a battery tender jr so it should still be in primo condition.

it's too late now to deal with it...we're headin out at 5am :thumbsup_anim:

my spare aqua vu battery thats the same age as the original and a car battery all gave same results. i charge and maintain the battery with a battery tender jr so it should still be in primo condition.

it's too late now to deal with it...we're headin out at 5am thumbsup_anim.gif

Call jose at angling outfitters in woodstock. Tell him what your dealing withwhistling.gif

And bring your vu!

aqua vu and i have been talking and it's been narrowed down to a monitor issue. but, they want $99 USD plus shipping for a replacement monitor. great, i really want to spend another $125 to replace the monitor on a $600 unit that's 4 years old. i've always babied this thing and it still took a crap :wallbash:

well, aqua vu, i guess your next move will determine if i switch to marcum or not... :whistling:

Guest gbfisher

aqua vu and i have been talking and it's been narrowed down to a monitor issue. but, they want $99 USD plus shipping for a replacement monitor. great, i really want to spend another $125 to replace the monitor on a $600 unit that's 4 years old. i've always babied this thing and it still took a crap :wallbash:

well, aqua vu, i guess your next move will determine if i switch to marcum or not... :whistling:

If it is indeed the monitor and you have to replace it. Open the thing up and look for a horizontal hold adjustment. Ya never know. There might be one there. fiddle with it. You have nothing to lose.

Whether you decide to fix or buy another, you may want to consider purchasing a taclke bag for added insurance!

it has it's own padded tote. another reason why this thing shouldnt have broke in the first place.

gbfisher, will this thing you're talking about be easily noticeable? i'm clueless when it comes to this kind of crap.

Guest gbfisher

it has it's own padded tote. another reason why this thing shouldnt have broke in the first place.

gbfisher, will this thing you're talking about be easily noticeable? i'm clueless when it comes to this kind of crap.

what ever it may look like it will have a flat head screw adjustment more than likely. It may be in the form of a square silver looking thing attached to the circut board....lol. The flat head screw will be inside that. It should be in plane view either way. Have a look and take a picture if you can of the circut board inside. That may help.

I’m not 100% sure on this and correct me if I'm wrong; but I’d be careful poking around inside any type of cathode ray tube (CRT) monitor.

I think they have a stepper transformer in there that boosts the operating voltage of 12 volts DC to a couple of thousand volts to excite the phosphorus inside the vacuum tube (screen).

I know that the monitor screens they used a few years back in Cadi’s or top end Olds where that way; killed a couple of techs because they/we needed to fiddle with things that we maybe shouldn’t?

Dan.

Guest gbfisher

I’m not 100% sure on this and correct me if I'm wrong; but I’d be careful poking around inside any type of cathode ray tube (CRT) monitor.

I think they have a stepper transformer in there that boosts the operating voltage of 12 volts DC to a couple of thousand volts to excite the phosphorus inside the vacuum tube (screen).

I know that the monitor screens they used a few years back in Cadi’s or top end Olds where that way; killed a couple of techs because they/we needed to fiddle with things that we maybe shouldn’t?

Dan.

Use a screw driver with an insulated handle which most have. Not to mention it's a 7 volt battery attached to it so the most he can do is STUN himself..lol. Which is possible yes!....So be careful. :D

I feel sorry for who ever hired your techs....lol. They above anyone shoulda known better. As for killing them..Very unlikely if yer an electronics technician.

If yer worried....just buy the new one.

There are only two kinds of electricians.. those that have been thrown on their ass.. and those that will be thrown on their ass. I've been dead twice.. :mellow: ..600 and 3600.. (neither my fault.. grade 12 electricity teacher turning breaker back on when my partner had shut it off and an iced up buss bar on the main switching station that was improperly bonded to the fence..)

Nothing is gonna kill you in the back of that aqua vu... just keep your fingers off the capacitors..

Edited by irishfield

There are only two kinds of electricians.. those that have been thrown on their ass.. and those that will be thrown on their ass. I've been dead twice.. :mellow: ..600 and 3600.. (neither my fault.. grade 12 electricity teacher turning breaker back on when my partner had shut it off and an iced up buss bar on the main switching station that was improperly bonded to the fence..)

Nothing is gonna kill you in the back of that aqua vu... just keep your fingers off the capacitors..

LOL Wayne

Been there done that, lucky to have a right eye and arm, all the hair grew back though :whistling::w00t:

Couldn't blame nobody but myself :blush:

well, still no response from aqua vu after i let them know that i shouldnt have to spend that much money to repair what was suppose to be, in their words, a premium unit. if they aren't willing to work something out, i'll be replacing the unit and selling it.

i'll wait for a reply from them before i start turning any screws :D