Team Canada

misfish

They do look good, for abunch of older guys that played pro or couldnt make it.Spanked the the Russians. The dominator is not what he once was.Last 3 minutes,alot of dirty cheap crap.

Now back to Band of brothers.

Mark Bell appeared to be skating faster than he ever did in the NHL.

JF

But what was Hasek doing playing for team Russia? I thought he was from Check or Slovak or something. Almost certian he's not Russian. Obviously the rules for the Spengler Cup are much different.

I believe the spengler cup is Canada playing against European Elite League club teams in a tournament format. He is currently playing for HC Spartak Moscow in the KHL, which is who Canada played. Canada's next opponent is HC Davos out of the Swiss Elite league.

Team Canada wins in OT 4 - 3 over Sparta Prague. Prague took a too many men penalty in overtime and Micki Dupont scored the winner for Canada on the power play. Tomorrow they'll play at 2:15pm against HC Davos. If they can win that game they'll be playing at 6am on Friday for the championship. If they make the finals that will be 5 games in 5 days since Monday.

Edited by jediangler

Yeah that was crazy.Nice break for the boys. I think if they meet up with HC Davos,you will see the same style game,but if theymeet up with SKA St. Petersburg ,it maybe an easier route for them.Lets hope they come out on top either way.

Not sure what to expect from the jr,s tonight.Kind of an easy,on paper. I say hit them hard and build up the score.

Team Canada settles for Silver after losing 4-3 this morning in the Spengler Cup final. It was their second game in 13hrs and their fifth in 5 days. A great showing considering the other 5 teams in the tourney were club teams that have played together all season and Team Canada were brought together on Monday. The Moose will make a great NHL coach someday soon.