Went to BPS today

motv8tr

Well I gave it a good try and went to work this morning, but by 10:30 or so I just couldn't do it anymore. I booked off sick, went to a walk in clinic and it turns out I have bronchitis. Now everyone knows that any woman worth her salt goes shopping to get a little pick me up...so off to BPS I went on the way home :angel: .

I went to the customer service counter to pick up my gift certificate, and told the girl at the counter why I was there. Now remember, this place is really busy today with the Spring Classic. All of a sudden, a gentleman at the counter, who hears me, turns around quickly tells the girl he knows all about it, rushes into the back to get it, comes out, shakes my hand, how happy he is to meet me and tries to find George Wallace who gave me the certificate, and Dave Jessop the store manager, he's doing this using the walkie talkie. I can see they are very busy, and although I wanted to meet them, I realize this is likely not a good day to do so...I tell the guy it's ok, if he finds them and they have a moment I will be in the fishing section :rolleyes: . Off I go on my hunt, first I see Dave Mercer, talk to him for a bit and he tells me the general area I might find Roger in...off I go. about 10-15 minutes later I find Roger, and he introduces me to Victor. What a nice young man he is, and very helpful as well. We spent some time chatting about and looking at different rods and we talk about the different fishing I do.

I had thought about getting the Pete Maina combo, but after talking to Roger about it, and Victor I decided it probably wasn't the best set up for me at this time as I really don't fish for musky as much as I hope to at least once. We went through a couple of options and they were nice, but at 7' one piece I was worried it wouldn't fit in my little car. Victor showed me a decnet rod, and Roger agrees it will likely serve my purpose but wants to make sure. We find a young man named Andrew, who is apparently a Musky guy, tell him what I want, and he goes and gets a "Woo Davis Flippin" rod. It's a 7'6" Telescoping rod, fits nicely in my car and will do everything I want. Oh it's a heavy action rod.

Over to the reel counter I go, and with Rogers help yet again, I pick out a nice Abu ambassadeur 6600c4 reel...sure is pretty :clapping: , I picked up some Trilene XT 17lb to go with it...will go back when they aren't so busy to have it spooled properly. While at the reel counter, the gentleman from the service desk finds us and asks us to wait as Mr. Jessop and Mr. Wallace are trying to make their way to meet me. Forgive me for going out of turn, but before that Roger introduced me to fishinsqueege (sp?). We waited for a little while at the reel counter, but I really wanted to get one more item and I knew it would take a while for the two gentlemen to make their way throught the throng of people :) . Off I went to the fly section to see if I could find some stuff for making my own spinner baits. Finally I find what I've been looking for. I piked up a few packs of marabou and Rabbit. i won't go into more detail on that right now ;) . While I'm there Roger finds me, and introduces me to George and Dave...both VERY nice gentleman. George sees the reel I picked out and asked if I had a trade in. I don't have any I'm ready to give up yet, so he tells Roger to get me a coupon for my new really anyway...WOW what a nice thing to do. Oh I also had the pleasure of meeting baby Herc who i look forward to seeing again at Lakair.

Anyway, sorry for the long report, need the practice though for when I finally get to play with my new toys. :thumbsup_anim: To sum it all up, I now think I have a rod and reel for every type of fishing I might and hope to do this year, so will not have to borrow anyone's equipment.

Thanks again to everyone at BPS!!!

oh, I'll post pictures when I can stop coughing long enough that my hands won't shake :(

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Great to see you today Maureen. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sure didn't take you long to cash in on that card!! Thanks for letting me help you spend your money. :thumbsup_anim:

You sure sturred up a hornet's nest of activity. You were almost attracting more attention than Izumi and Mercer!

Victor, as Maureen stated, you are a class act and it was a real pleasure meeting you.

Edited by BPSBASSMAN

Glade you got a new combo you deserve it with all the stuff that you did in the past.Like you I picked up a new combo aswell to day and got ROGER to help me what a great guy i could have spent the whole day standing there talking to him he has a lot of knowledge.anyways way to go on the new rod and reel and thanx ROGER.see you next time.

Geez Mo, hope you recover soon, take care of yourself and get well.

The combo you got looks nice, but I don't know much about using level wind reels except for fishing for salmon downrigging. Hope it works out for you.