Lake Nipissing Hardwater GTG PICS PAGE 8

Nipfisher

I remember Callander ... a bit... do we meet where they put the Chief Commanda II for the winter and all leave from there?

Who's bringing what? Everyone for themselves ? :dunno:

I've got a BBQ that everyone can use and a small portable shack that can be used as an outhouse :blush:

Official statement

We will be launching from the Callander Government dock off of Lansdown Street, in Callander. I've posted the map from Hwy 11, just zoom out to get a bigger picture.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&xhr=t&q=google+maps&cp=2&wrapid=tljp129531857537502&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

unofficial statement

What time should we meet up?

O.K.

Party...ooops I mean gtg....is on!

Looks like we will have at least 15 participants.

We will meet at the launch at the end of Lansdowne St. in Callander for 9 am? Anyone who wants to fish earlier can get out there first. Map link is in the above post. I will bring my gas auger and I will probably have my big hut there as a resting place (it has a bathroom in it Randy). No hot dogs for you! We will be directly in front of the launch about 10 minutes out by foot. There will be tons of ice so I will also have my truck there. I may bring the old sled too. Family, friends, and kids are welcome but I am not a babysitter.

Randy, Yes it is where they store the Cheif Commanda. Please bring the bar-b-q. I'll have my Serious Radio for tunes.

I guess we need to decide on bait? I could try to arrange to get 1-2 pounds of shiners? Where we will be the Perch have been ferocious with a few walters mixed in.

We also need to set some derby rules.

• How about a Toonie to enter?
  • Perch need to be 8" to count, Walleye need to be 10" to count and Pike / Herring need to be 12" to count.
  • Most fish and biggest fish should split the prize money?

Edited by Nipfisher

I can bring , Oh 36 or so Dogs and some condiments... propane and the BBQ...since I'm driving home just a 6Pk for the day...

I can also pick up some bags of chips ..

Sturgeman and Butcher are out.... Butch has to work, drives truck for Tim Horton's........ Sturge has prior Hockey Tourney commitments........

AJF is in ....

Curlrap will be making a last minute decision... his kids are future Hockey Stars

I PM'd BassAsin and he's interested

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Sturgeman and Butcher are out.... Butch has to work, drives truck for Tim Horton's........ Sturge has prior Hockey Tourney commitments........

AJF is in ....

Curlrap will be making a last minute decision... his kids are future Hockey Stars

I PM'd BassAsin and he's interested

I have also invited Jocko, and we have a "mystery" member confirmed who does not wish to give out their identity yet.

I still think we will end up with somewhere around 20 participants.

Lots of hot dogs!

I PM'd some hotel info. to NAW and figured it should get posted here in case another board member is looking for accomodations.

The closest hotel is Terrace Suites but that is alot of cash. Next closest is Pinewood Park (Clarion Resort) but it is expensive too.

The closest cheaper hotel is the "peeler" Bar Moe-ze-on Inn (705) 494-4915.

My suggestion is one of these two places. Arizona Motel 705-472-0800 1078 Lakeshore Drive North Bay, ON http://www.arizonamotelnorthbay.com/ or The Lincoln Motel 705-472-3231

594 Lakeshore Drive North Bay, ON. http://www.lincolnmotel.net/

Both are less than 10 minutes from where we will be fishing and are affordable and comfortable.

My hut (GTG Head Quarters) is now in position. It is about a 5 minute walk from shore or you can drive right to it. There is alot of space behind the shack for portables. There is about 15" of ice under us and we are in 26.7 feet of water. Neighboring shacks today caught up to 30 perch and there were a few walleye caught. It is tough fishing with the blistering cold wind and high pressure. If the weather cooperates for us on the 5th, so will the fish.

I went back out today and did a little scouting around the shack. We are in 27 fow and there is a slope going down to 30 fow to the deep side of the shack. There will be lots of room for portables. Less then 3 hours today and Perch bite was non-stop. We landed 6 (5 perch and 1 eye) and lost several on the way up. We also got stipped alot because the holes froze over instantly, and we were inside the warm shack :thumbsup_anim:

Trying to keep this current. Only 11 days away. I know you're excited Randy.

Any specific jigs I should bring?

I have lots of small jig heads for perch. And lots of Williams, badboys, swedish pimples, etc.. for Simcoe whitefish.. What else should I bring?

I will try to make it, if not my huts on Callander now and I will try to hook up with someone to allow usage of my hut if I cant make it, its a 5x8 2 manner, fishing has been real tough on Callander or I am in the wrong spot this year lol

I will try to make it, if not my huts on Callander now and I will try to hook up with someone to allow usage of my hut if I cant make it, its a 5x8 2 manner, fishing has been real tough on Callander or I am in the wrong spot this year lol

You are probably too shallow. Try 28-30 fow and you'll get perch steady. Walleye bite is between 8 am and 11 am and then around 3:30 - 5pm.

I sent you a PM Nelson.