Boat Financing

tdotfisherman

Hey all,

I know a lot of you guys have boats, nice ones too.

I'm looking to upsize boats this coming year, and I was curious about what type of financing rates some of you guys have on your boats, and if you got a good deal, who did you go with..

all comments and opinions are welcome.

thanks.

Might I tempt you with the thought to see how much you can save between now and the spring before deciding to take out a loan? You might find that the amount you save can put you into a second hand boat with out payments. Boat loans are usually one of the highest loan rates because they are considered a luxury item. Good luck and good thoughts with your decision.

Art

I'm in the same boat(so to speak)rolleyes.gif Do yourself a favor, shop around.January and Feb are excellent times to shop for a new boat, but also used boats sold by dealers will be cheaper also that time of year.In 2011 you will get excellent deals on 2010`s.

Most dealers will offer financing but always ask who they deal with.Some use hfc or other licensed loan sharks, so always ask.8% sounds about right though for most banks.Put down as much cash as possible.It will be easier to get finance and will reduce payments.Ask yourself what you NEED in a boat and go with that in mind.Good luckGonefishing.gif

i was always taught to finance what you need and buy what you want. but i have found im much better at making payments than i am at saving. just wanted to second the secured line of credit its the cheapest money you can borrow and the bank stays out of your purchases.

good luck

A secured line of credit is the cheapest way to go.

Agreed but very tough for a young man to get.

What ever you do, DO NOT get sucked into the 10 and 15 yr loans. I know some folks who have and after 5 or 6 years, well, they wish they didn't. Lets put it that way.

Agreed but very tough for a young man to get.

What ever you do, DO NOT get sucked into the 10 and 15 yr loans. I know some folks who have and after 5 or 6 years, well, they wish they didn't. Lets put it that way.

I would hazzard a guess that a lot of those 50-70K Bass boats you see running around have those 25 year amortized loans, what ever floats your boat I guess.