Go Leafs Go

Jer

Guest Johnny Bass

I am thinking a good portion of the Leaf fans here were not even born when the 67 Leafs beat the Habs, but they are only a player or two away from being a dynasty right Mr.Bass!!! :santa:

Just kidding!!! :tease:

Who said anything about a dynasty? :rolleyes: We are two players away from a great team. I know why you Montreal fans are talking trash about the leaf fans planning the parade route.None of us ever said we would win the cup, but Montreal? They win one play off game and they were in the streets like they had just won the world cup.LOL

I can't wait to see Price fall apart in the playoffs!!!!

Oh by the way? Did you watch the game tonight? Leafs dominated in every way. Orr with the unanimous decision. Gabrovski the hottest player on the ice(should have been #1 star). Guigere played a great game and is building some confidence(should have been 2nd star). They were streaking to the net and everything.

Did you notice they were cheering go leafs go in Edmonton? Does Montreal get that same respect? Lets face it. Win or lose, Toronto is Canada's team and you know it!

Go leafs go!!!!!

Frankly, i'm getting sick of new leafs threads after every game. Same drivel game after game. BEAKING OFF WIN OR LOSE. I sure wish Bettman would grant a NHL team to Hamilton. But he knows not too or all you Leaf fans will be screaming" We want an NHL team too, thats not fair." Go fish.

LOL please give a team to Hamilton... That's our second team. There's a reason that Toronto produces more hockey superstars than any other city on the planet.

LOL please give a team to Hamilton... That's our second team. There's a reason that Toronto produces more hockey superstars than any other city on the planet.

actually I will help you with facts ,as someone who is very informed on AAA hockey in ontario including the GTHL Toronto produces very few hockey superstars,most of the stars are from smaller centres surrounding toronto. Yes they play on teams based in Toronto such as marlies,red wings,jr.habs and young nats but very few are from toronto.

Edited by bowslayer

gotta say it again, Versteeg played a great game. maybe im biased because hes my sleeper pick in all my pools! :whistling:

He seems to be most comfortable playing deeper lines, but man, he tears it up on the PP!! Not sure why Wilson doesnt put him n kessel on the same line more often...

I know its not so easy with the cap, but we should trade kabbie for Brad Richards

im just sayin...

actually I will help you with facts ,as someone who is very informed on AAA hockey in ontario including the GTHL Toronto produces very few hockey superstars,most of the stars are from smaller centres surrounding toronto. Yes they play on teams based in Toronto such as marlies,red wings,jr.habs and young nats but very few are from toronto.

Red wings all the way!! Tony Lima was my best coach, EVERRRRRR

I am thinking a good portion of the Leaf fans here were not even born when the 67 Leafs beat the Habs, but they are only a player or two away from being a dynasty right Mr.Bass!!! :santa:

Just kidding!!! :tease:

And I'M thinking a good portion of Habs fans weren't even born since the Habs were a dynasty! lol

Go Leafs Go!! I for one love these threads! Simple if you dont like them dont read them. Like Ma used to say If you dont have anything nice to say , dont say anything at all!!...Unless your bashing a habs fan anyway...lol :thumbsup_anim:

On another note Edmonton Sucks big time. They made the Leafs look like allstars lastnight. Thurs night we play the slumping flames. Puck drop at 9:30 :unsure: Go leafs Go we need all 6 points on this road trip this week!!

Edited by tb4me

Guest Johnny Bass

gotta say it again, Versteeg played a great game. maybe im biased because hes my sleeper pick in all my pools! :whistling:

He seems to be most comfortable playing deeper lines, but man, he tears it up on the PP!! Not sure why Wilson doesnt put him n kessel on the same line more often...

I know its not so easy with the cap, but we should trade kabbie for Brad Richards

im just sayin...

We should definitely look at getting Brad Richards. That would give us 2 solid lines.

Versteeg has been on the top line with Kessel for a while.

Versteeg has been playing great hockey.

We should definitely look at getting Brad Richards. That would give us 2 solid lines.

Versteeg has been on the top line with Kessel for a while.

Versteeg has been playing great hockey.

Dallas could probably score the whole Marlies team if they present the trade to Burke with a good powerpoint slideshow loaded with strong fonts and cascading words.

Richards wants to win, why would he come to Toronto?

What could Burke offer Dallas as compensation? Maybe 1st rounders in 2012,13 & 14.

He'll be in NYC next year even if he does waive his no-trade by the deadline and move to another team for the rest of the season.

Guest Johnny Bass

Richards wants to win, why would he come to Toronto?

What could Burke offer Dallas as compensation? Maybe 1st rounders in 2012,13 & 14.

He'll be in NYC next year even if he does waive his no-trade by the deadline and move to another team for the rest of the season.

Simply because Toronto is the best place in the world to play hockey. The hockey players are treated like big time celebrities here.

They say he is headed for the Rangers. Too bad Kaberle has the no trade clause...

Edited by Johnny Bass

Simply because Toronto is the best place in the world to play hockey. The hockey players are treated like big time celebrities here.

They say he is headed for the Rangers. Too bad Kaberle has the no trade clause...

with the media scrunity and pressure, plus demanding fans who will turn on you (mcabe,toskla,raycroft,hoglund....)constant hounding from fans who will stalk you(ask Gilmour) and little privacy I dont't know why anybody would want to play in Toronto or Montreal when you could play in say New York with little attention.Wilson and Burke look like they have aged 10 years since being there.

Guest Johnny Bass

BENCH LEBDA!!!!

HE WATCHED AS THE PUCK WENT RIGHT PAST HIM ON THE FIRST GOAL, AND HIS BAD POSITIONING CAUSE AULIE TO HAVE TO TAKE A PENALTY!!!!!!!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Yep. Lebda made a few errors. He's got skill, he's aggressive, but he makes a lot of errors(He acts before he thinks). Only time will tell if experience wises him up. Until then, we might need to bench him.... I honestly though Guigere was gonna finally steal a win. He got lucky with one hitting the crossbar and Gabrovski stopping the other, and he made a GREAT save, going post to post and was playing exceptional.

Then they scored 3 goals in 57 seconds.... Wilson did good taking him out. Our goalies right now are really low in confidence.

Tim brent gave away the puck for the second goal and I wasn't too impressed with Phaneuf's play. I like his one timer, but he should have the goalie more centered. He shoots from too deep.

I was expecting Kessel to score because he does well against Canadian teams but I guess not this time. I also noticed that teams that score first win 80-90% of the time. But unfortunately we were the 10-20% last night....

Is it me or are these new sticks breaking more then the old ones? Lots of sticks exploding these days.

Oh well. The better team won. They outplayed us. Anyways we should beat Vancouver.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Oh and we should keep Bozak on the front line with Kessel and Versteeg. Move Armstrong with Kadri and bring in Caputi. And we will have a solid team. Make sure Sjostrom is on the 4th line(and brown when he comes back) The rest are expendable.

Yep. Lebda made a few errors. He's got skill, he's aggressive, but he makes a lot of errors(He acts before he thinks). Only time will tell if experience wises him up. Until then, we might need to bench him.... I honestly though Guigere was gonna finally steal a win. He got lucky with one hitting the crossbar and Gabrovski stopping the other, and he made a GREAT save, going post to post and was playing exceptional.

Then they scored 3 goals in 57 seconds.... Wilson did good taking him out. Our goalies right now are really low in confidence.

Tim brent gave away the puck for the second goal and I wasn't too impressed with Phaneuf's play. I like his one timer, but he should have the goalie more centered. He shoots from too deep.

I was expecting Kessel to score because he does well against Canadian teams but I guess not this time. I also noticed that teams that score first win 80-90% of the time. But unfortunately we were the 10-20% last night....

Is it me or are these new sticks breaking more then the old ones? Lots of sticks exploding these days.

Oh well. The better team won. They outplayed us. Anyways we should beat Vancouver.

Vancouver has been pretty hot lately they will be tough.

They couldn't beat a crappy team like Calgary, how do you figure they "should" beat Vancouver? :lol:

The last time they played, the leafs dominated the first and second periods, but blew it in the third. That game actually stands out as one of the best games that the leafs have played this season. The score of that one wasn't the game story, outplaying a powerhouse team like the canucks, was. go leafs go