An interesting discovery

So I was out and about with my new camera the other day and went to one of my favourite green spaces. When I first moved to the neighbourhood the green space was loaded with birds, which are not gone for some reason.

When you walk the trail, you pass a small pond. Well, when I first got there I heard a loud splash and passed it off as a muskrat and kept going. Well on the way back to my car I noticed what had made the splash.

Mink

Sorry for some reason I couldn't post the pic. Anyway, a pair of minks had taken up residence at this pond. They were fun to watch but I suddenly realised that my lens was not very compatible with my new camera so I just had to got get an new one....so tomorrow I'll hopefully have better pics of the pair

Cheers,

Dave

I've seen a few of them in the rocks on Simcoe's shores. Cute animals

Mink are vicious and stinky. The town where I grew up was big into mink and fox ranching. As kids we made a bit of cash live trapping escaped mink and selling them to the ranchers. We used those old heavy gauge plastic fertilizer bags to hold them when we took them out of the box traps. The mink were not in the least cooperative. If you spend any time wading the Thames near St.Marys you'll see lots of wild mink today. They're interesting to watch. They're pretty animals that don't show the attitude till you mess with them.

JF

Mink are vicious and stinky. The town where I grew up was big into mink and fox ranching. As kids we made a bit of cash live trapping escaped mink and selling them to the ranchers. We used those old heavy gauge plastic fertilizer bags to hold them when we took them out of the box traps. The mink were not in the least cooperative. If you spend any time wading the Thames near St.Marys you'll see lots of wild mink today. They're interesting to watch. They're pretty animals that don't show the attitude till you mess with them.

JF

Interesting...I guess most of these "ferret" type animals (Fisher, weasel, mink) are nasty and good predators. ..And I thought cats were bad.