Ontario Tourism, 2011 (NF) but it could be

ketchenany

I need a bit of help. I working on a tourism book for Spring/Summer 2011. I will have a section of NEW things to do see in Ontario. This could be a new hotel, golf course, fishing lodge, fishing tournaments, events in your community etc. Any age group . . .

I would need the event, location and dates and contact if possible for verification. I can't go to press if not verified.

I'd really like to hear from Northern people, I get complaints that we don't mention you.

You can respond here or pm me

Thanks for your help

Join us for the Rice Lake Spring Fishing Festival May 14 to June 19, 2011! Try your luck at catching tagged crappie, walleye, blue gill and perch to win your share of over $50,000.00 in prizes, including the grand prize, a $10,000.00 Gas Card from Pioneer Petroleum! Adult buttons are $20 each, children under 16 are $10 each, and the Family Package (max. 2 adults and 3 children from the same family) is $40 each. To get in on Early Bird Draws, buy your buttons now at RiceLakeSpringFishingFestival.ca or from participating Rice Lake Tourist Association members. See http://www.ricelakespringfishingfestival.ca/Buttons.html for button seller information. We’ll be celebrating the opening of walleye season at Bewdley Township Park on May 14, 2011, so buy your button, bring your gear, and get in the game!

Make your festival adventure a family holiday! Take advantage of the Festival Packages advertised on the festival website when planning your visit to Rice Lake. See the specials that local accommodators and businesses are offering throughout the festival time period. Save on your accommodation, meals, bait, tackle and more! Have a fun and affordable trip by visiting the Festival Package page at http://www.ricelakespringfishingfestival.ca/Packages.html and make your reservations now for a fun-filled week fishing Rice Lake!

Attention Families! Bring the kids to celebrate Rice Lake at one of our free Kids Days! Sponsored by Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters Tackle Share Program, just dress for the weather, get your family and friends, come catch fish and win prizes! Tackle Share is loaning fishing gear to children who would like to try fishing! Here are the details:

Saturday May 21, 2011 at Golden Beach Resort from 10am to 4pm

Saturday May 28, 2011 at Hastings Waterfront Park from 10am to 4pm

Saturday June 11, 2011 at Bewdley Township Park from 10am to 4pm

Adults require a fishing licence if they wish to fish or assist at these events. See the details at http://www.ricelakespringfishingfestival.ca/Kids_Days.html and plan to attend!

It’s not over until… the Last Cast! Keep your button handy for the Last Cast Draws after the festival closes. We’ll be drawing prizes throughout the summer and autumn seasons to remind you of the fun you had vacationing on Rice Lake! You’ll automatically be entered into both our Early Bird Draws before the festival and the Last Cast Draws taking place after the festival’s done! Perhaps you’ll win an outboard motor courtesy of McGregor Bay Marina and Tohatsu Outboards! Keep your eye on the festival website for prize updates!

Proceeds from this festival will be donated to charity. :clapping:

Come fish Rice Lake – Ontario’s best fishing destination!

Edited by Michael Brown

Join us for the 2nd Annual Bridgenorth Winter Panfish Festival on Feb. 19, 2011.

Grab your family and friends and come spend a fun filled day ice fishing on Chemong lake at the largest free winter kids fishing event in Canada.

The OFAH Tackleshare program would like to invite you to a fun filled day during the free family fishing weekend. Fishing equipment will be provided if needed, holes will be drilled and friendly volunteers available to make this a great day ice fishing in the Kawartha's. Just dress for the weather and bring a smile. :D

You may win some of the thousands of dollars in prizes, provided by our amazing sponsors. Last year our over 1000 participants won prizes that included an underwater camera system, portable ice huts,fishing rods, clothing and more.

Meet local conservation officers, MNR staff, professional anglers, your neighbours and friends at this fantastic community event.

The festival will run from 10am - 4pm at the Bel Rotary Park on the southwest side of the causeway. Take advantage of additional parking at the Chemong Public school on the Bridgenorth side and The Causeway Christen Assembly Church on the Ennismore side and then hop on the warm shuttle bus that will bring you down to the fun.

KRUZ 100.5 radio will be broadcasting from the event.

For more information on the festival check the festival website:

http://www.clearvieworganizing.com/22.html

Any proceeds from this event will be donated to Charity. :clapping:

If you wish to become involved as a volunteer or sponsor for this event please contact:

[email protected]

Edited by Michael Brown

I'll gather some info and links to Nipissing fishing, Summer in the Park, North Bay Waterfront, Chief Commanda, Mattawa Voyageur Days, etc.This area is beautifuul all four seasons.

:thumbsup_anim: You got that right!!! Ice fishing event on Chemong Lake sounds like fun but a little too far for me to go <_<