Lake Eugenia Through the Ice

ball9320

I'm just about steelheaded out until the spring and looking forward to the ice season, Ive fished bass in Eugenia in the summer with a bit of luck (bass) but was wondering if its worth a shot through the ice. This lake is close to me (orangeville)and if anyone has any experience on the ice there I'd like to know more about it, thanks!

Edited by ball9320

I'm just about steelheaded out until the spring and looking forward to the ice season, Ive fished bass in Eugenia in the summer with a bit of luck (bass) but was wondering if its worth a shot through the ice. This lake is close to me (orangeville)and if anyone has any experience on the ice there I'd like to know more about it, thanks!

Lake is drawn down, lots of seeps with 15 inches in one location and 2 inches 100 feet away, that being said some do Ice fish by the dam in winter but and I warn you here, every year I hear someone falling through, not worth it IMO lots of better hidden brook trout gems in the near distance to ice fish without intimate knowledge I wouldnt I have it there I dont like walking that lake unless its -20 for a week plus at least

Edited by aniceguy

Lake is drawn down, lots of seeps with 15 inches in one location and 2 inches 100 feet away, that being said some do Ice fish by the dam in winter but and I warn you here, every year I hear someone falling through, not worth it IMO lots of better hidden brook trout gems in the near distance to ice fish without intimate knowledge I wouldnt I have it there I dont like walking that lake unless its -20 for a week plus at least

Good sound advice.

You can fish some areas and catch perch (wormy perch)

Move on and try other lakes that are near by.You be much happier.

My great grandfather had a farm in Eugenia and the last I heard which was a long time ago, the creek that ran through it was ultimately sold and became a fishing club. I suspect that the fishing in Lake Eugenia is not quite as good as it apparently was over a hundred years ago.