I need a bit of help here

GBW

I THANK YOU ALL FOR THE Wishes AND PRAYERS!

Update number 2....Today was a good day

Both are officially out of any life threatening danger. My Uncle's brain bleed remains small and he is responding well to all commands so they anticipate that will heal on it's own in time. He got a Halo put on today for his neck fractures, a contraption that he will likely have to wear for months but it is a less invasive option then surgery...they will take a look at the fractures again in a few weeks to determine if the Halo is working, if not he will require surgery. He also has facial fractures that may require some plastic surgery in the future but won't be looked at until his neck has healed. They hope to take the breathing tube out tomorrow when they have confirmed the Halo is fitted properly - he needs the tube in while he is so heavily sedated to prevent choking while laying down. They also hope to have him out of ICU in a few days at which time people other then immediate family may be able to visit him.

Jake (Cousin) is doing really well, he is still in quite a bit of pain but managing it really well - they plan to get him mobile very soon, if they didn't this afternoon after I left he should be up and walking tomorrow. They are continuing to monitor his spleen and digestive tract and if they are happy with his progress he may be able to go home soon.

I plan to return to visit them on Wednesday so unless anything major happens tomorrow I will update again in a couple days.

*pre post edit* My cousin called (one of my Uncle's 4 kids) and Jake got out of bed and went to see his dad! I'm super happy to hear this as they are both tuff buggers! I'm sure there was many a tear shed but my Uncle has been 'sleeping' since it happend. That call just made my night...

Thanks again all!!!!!!!!!

Geoff, this accident was the lead story on CHEX TV in Peterboro last night.

According to the report, there was ice on the road and when a car tried to stop for a STOP sign he skidded on the ice and went right thru into the intersection where he collided with the taxi carrying your family, then both cars went off the road and down a hill.

It looked very nasty and sounds like your family members were the most seriously injured, but it's good to hear now that things are looking better for them.

GBW,

Glad that everyone is recovering. I know that intersection well, it's a few blocks west of my family farm. The last time I drove through there, I though to my self,that intersection is dangerous. Maybe they will put some lights in there now.

Best wished for a speedy recovery to you family!