Howard Stern Rules! Baba Booey!!!!!

Fishnwire

Are any of you guys in "143" with the Stern show?

It's really getting close to the wire. What will happen?!?

My radio was stolen a few months back, and it happened to almost coincide with the end of my year's subscription. When I called to cancel the service on my stolen unit, they asked me if I wanted a new subscription and a new radio. I told them that I'd only buy new hardware and subscribe to their service if they re-sign Stern.

Their music is good and I might get back into it regardless. It's awesome for camp where the radio reception is poor...and the Sudbury stations suck.

I listen 80% of the time to Stern...but really appreciate the 20% of the time I listen to their music. Is it worth it though without that big-mouthed goof?

Do you think he'll re-sign and if he doesn't will you continue to pay?

Go ahead...

He used to be on the Q here in the GTA. At first found him to be well spoken and comical. Then the odd show where he was just a little over the top, rude and childish...maybe it was that time of the month for him :dunno: Then the humor that I found distasteful started happening more and more..so I turned him off. Don't miss him at all and could care less what he does. Just not my cup of tea.

I've been listening to Stern since he started on the Q and continue to today. 13 Days till his contract is up....and I am really upset. I don't understand how people can't like him....I have friends that don't as well. I can understand a woman saying what he discusses and the way may be offside but for a guy to say that....I don't get it. He has grown up...he seems to be a little less of a "Shock Jock" these days. Bottom line is Stern has awesome guest's...this week was Billy Joel and Jay-z and he is very informative speaking about all topics. Howard asks the questions everyone wants to and doesn't. He gets the real deal from people and the end result is you end up liking the person he interviews after he's done even though you may have hated that person/actor/talent before he interviewed them.

If Sirius doesn't resign Howard I will be getting rid of my service. For the 10% of the time I listen to music on Sirius it's not worth my money.

I will follow Stern.

Howard Rules. Baba Booey...Baba Booey

Wow, I've had Sirius now for 5 years and I NEVER listen to Howard Stern. I used to listen to Harcore Radio but now it sucks. So pretty much listen to Sirius NFL and the other sports channels. I listen to the music channels when out at the trailer on the boombox but I have rarely even paused on Stearn. I get tired of all the crap between the actual funny parts.

Are any of you guys in "143" with the Stern show?

It's really getting close to the wire. What will happen?!?

My radio was stolen a few months back, and it happened to almost coincide with the end of my year's subscription. When I called to cancel the service on my stolen unit, they asked me if I wanted a new subscription and a new radio. I told them that I'd only buy new hardware and subscribe to their service if they re-sign Stern.

Their music is good and I might get back into it regardless. It's awesome for camp where the radio reception is poor...and the Sudbury stations suck.

I listen 80% of the time to Stern...but really appreciate the 20% of the time I listen to their music. Is it worth it though without that big-mouthed goof?

Do you think he'll re-sign and if he doesn't will you continue to pay?

Go ahead...

I absolutely LOVE Stern. Don't know what I'll do if he doesn't re-sign. I listen to some of the other channels occasionally but Stern was the reason I got it in the first place. Miserable Men is good but hasn't been quite the same since Levy left. I'm still pissed about that. Sorry about your radio. That's why I don't leave anything in the car. Pain to keep wiring up the antenna but at least it won't get stolen. I got Sirius on my iPod but it doesn't have the Stern stations on it. I've been taping the show from my computer for the last year so I've got some great clips when he's gone. I'll continue for abit but don't know if I'll keep it or not. If Levy was still with MM I would for sure but not sure right now. Hopefully they'll at least continue to re-air the past shows, especially on Mastertape Theater. If you haven't heard the show lately, he finally said he's done with Eric The Midget. I'm sure most of us are happy about that. If he's done, I'm gonna miss Sal and Richard and the wackpackers. Let's cross our fingers although I'm thinking he might be done.

I know all about Eric...I'm still listening to the show, I just download it now. I used to do that even when I had a radio and subscription so that I could put it on my MP3 player. If he re-signs I'll happily go back to paying for it. The IQ test results show was some of the best radio I ever heard. Gripping.

I was aware of Stern from watching the old Letterman show, and I was living in Mississauga when he was on the Q. I tried listening to his show but couldn't get into it. When I bought the satalite radio, I figured I'd never listen to Stern...but I checked it out a couple of times and somehow got hooked. If he goes away now I don't know what I'll do. I can't get into Bubba...he's too much of a red-neck or something. As far as "the tapes" go...I really don't enjoy listening to ten year old shows.

He's been hinting about starting his own subsciption-based show on the internet. I'd pay for that.

Edited by Fishnwire

I was living in Mississauga when he was on the Q. I tried listening to his show but couldn't get into it. When I bought the satalite radio, I figured I'd never listen to Stern...but I checked it out a couple of times and somehow got hooked. I

Since reading your original post I have spoke to several at work who say his show now is superior to what he used to do on the Q. All by brother in law who lives up your way on Ramsey Lake ever has on in his car is Stern.

Another huge Stern fan here.........man, I hope he sticks around. I've been listening and calling in for 15 years now and I look forward to my commute every day. I have the felling he'll stay at sirius with different terms......like he'll take a back seat, create the "stern network" and let Farrel, BTLS, Fitz and others do the everyday programming with him making appearances and calling in every once in a while. Every time I call in he's always cool and never busts my balls. I call in as "ken from toronto".......last week I called him "howard cupid stern" when he tried to set Robin up with B.B.

Anyway, my fingers are crossed.

Ken