ESSO on hwy 401 near London

lew

Whenever I'm heading down to LSC I always stop at the ESSO station on the westbound 401 near London to gas up the truck and get something to eat. Coming home I stop at the ESSO on the eastbound for the same thing.

Does anyone know if their both still open for business or have they closed down like so many other 400 series stations.

Lew, my advice would be to avoid fueling near London.... around $1.06/lt

Tilbury is your best bet around $.98/lt.

When I go to LSC I stop at Bloomfield Rd. Esso in Chatham (100yrds south of 401) for gas usually about .01 more than Tilbury but they have a nice store, bathrooms and a 24hr Subway so you can buy your lunch at the same time.

Thanks for all the suggestions boyz !!

Travelling would be much easier if they'd stop tearing down all the service centers :wallbash:

As much as I love the ol truck stops Lew(greasy bacon and eggs :D ),they are in need of upgrading or rebuilding.

All the service centres west of London are open.

The Flying J is no more. It is now a Shell gas bar with a Denny's (still under construction)

The "J" gas deal is gone too; they're as much as in town and they no longer have Flying J discount card. Fortunately for those that know, 10 minutes south of the J, gas is 6-8 cents cheaper.

All the service centres west of London are open.

The Flying J is no more. It is now a Shell gas bar with a Denny's (still under construction)

The "J" gas deal is gone too; they're as much as in town and they no longer have Flying J discount card. Fortunately for those that know, 10 minutes south of the J, gas is 6-8 cents cheaper.

WOW since when Brian? I was there just a couple months ago.

WOW since when Brian? I was there just a couple months ago.

They must have waitied until you left!

Actually, its been Shell for a while (Air Miles) and the sign is up for Denny's in the last week but they're still doing interior construction. London FINALLY gets the 'Grand Slam' breakfast and $6.00 onion rings :rolleyes:

Next time you're in the area; give me a ring, I live about a minute north of there.

If you want to eat Lew and gas up,I would recommend the Flying J in London.JMO.

It,s right off the hwy,2 minutes.

I go there everytime I have to visit our customer Brose.

http://www.restaurantica.com/on/london/flying-j-country-market/23503679/map/

Lousy food at Flying J... expensive gas too.

( from another Londoner )

Edited by splashhopper

For the guys and girls heading this way this weekend the Sub Way at Bloomfield road put up a sign for Saturday and Sunday deals buy 1 foot long get the second FREE all weekend. and the price in Chatham is just as Brian was saying about the same as Tilbury.

Now the service centers in Westlorn area have KFC Timmies Taco hell and A&W on both sides of the HWy.

For the guys and girls heading this way this weekend the Sub Way at Bloomfield road put up a sign for Saturday and Sunday deals buy 1 foot long get the second FREE all weekend. .

Well, now I know what I'm gonna be eating on the loooong drive home Sunday evening :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Mike, hope to see you down there.