Last Fish of the Season...

rufus

We have a camp (which is what a cabin or cottage is called in this part of the country) on the Winnipeg River between Kenora and Minaki. Yesterday I had the sad task of pulling the boat out of the water where it had been all season in order to get it winterized and put away till spring. I had taken all of my good fishing equipment home with me last weekend where it would be safe over the winter and the nearer I got to Kenora on the drive out there the more I regretted that decision. It was a gorgeous day!

I did have an old rod that was missing the last 12 inches at the tip and my old reel that I had bought when I was a kid - a Shakespeare 1924ms Direct Drive - now considered "vintage" (what does that make me??). I scrounged around and found a Rapala floater - hey! I could at least fish for a few minutes on the way to the boat launch!

Since I often fish alone, I started taking my camera along for company a while back. I brought my camera yesterday too - and took a video of this last opportunity to fish. I am going to try and embed it here...

<center><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JhzLrylgk?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JhzLrylgk?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JhzLrylgk?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></center>

Edited by NWO Fishing

Nice walleye. Too bad you couldn't keep it. One question, what were you using for your video editor?

Yes, my wife still chides me for bringing back "small" Walleye for supper. I started taking videos to prove I do actually catch better than I bring home :)

My camera is several years old and it seems that Windows Movie maker doesn't even recognize the videos as bonafide videos and will not even load my videos - so I could not use Movie Maker. I tried Adobe Elements which did work but it has a problem with the videos as well and I ended up with jerky videos. The last few weeks I have been using Kden Live - which is a free movie editor that works with the Ubuntu operating system (also free). Free is good!

Edited by NWO Fishing

Man, that is one FAST boat!

Yeah, the boy made me change the prop this summer to speed'er up. You know kids, eh?;)

Great Video !!!

how do you embed the links to other videos in your movie window?

Thanks! You can embed links in videos in Youtube using "annotations" when you edit your video. There are a few annotation options - I usually choose the second from the left - with the dog-eared corner on the icon. Once you have selected that you will see further options - and one that looks like a chain. That is the one you choose to make your annotation a link. You will need the url of the video you want to link to.

Thanks for the video.. great to see a youngin that can back up a trailer! :good:

Yes, he is a quick study - already better than me. That was his first time at that launch and there is not a lot of room to maneuver. He now is officially appointed to haul the trailer whenever required. That means I get to drive the boat... and fish!:Gonefishing:

What he said above me. :thumbsup_anim:

Im about to do my deer hunt,and would like to do like you did with the editing.

I,ll be pming you for tips,if you dont mind.

Thanks for sharing.

No Problem, I will be happy to help if I can.