Fall 2010 Pier Salmon Reports?

tdotfisherman

Hey all,

Usually in the fall time there are tonnes of posts on this forum from people that caught big salmon chucking spoons off GTA piers..

I remember a few years back it seemed like every night CCMT was catching massive salmon.. but this year I don't think I've noticed one report.

Have people not been fishing, or just not been catching? I'm somewhat perplexed?

Anyone have any reports or information? I was just curious...

I didnt' fish the river too much during the salmon run, it was overrun by the unsophisticated this summer. Good news is now that the steelhead are constantly coming in, the salmon fishermen have all packed away the coffee grinders for the winter.

Solo that is one beautiful bullet steelie!!! :thumbsup_anim::worthy:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I havn't been reporting much this fall.

Why? I dunno maybe I'm lazy.

Pier salmon were a blast this year

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/solopaddler2/Salmon%20Sept%202010/SalmonSept2010007.jpg

Steelheading has been even better. :)

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/solopaddler2/Saugeen%20Oct%202010/SaugeenOct2010022.jpg

Hey Mike.... why you holding back?

Nice fish btw B)

Leechman

PEOPLE DONT POST ANY MORE BECAUSE OF THE BULL FLAMING FROM OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD> I FISH 4 TIMES EVERY WEEK SINCE AUG FOR SALMON AND NOW TROUT BUT DONT LIKE THE HASSLES>>>

GOOD LUCK< YOU NEED ANY INFO PM ME

DAVE

Hey Dave.... was this directed at me :dunno:

I sure hope not cause you look one hell of a pissed individual :w00t:

PEOPLE DONT POST ANY MORE BECAUSE OF THE BULL FLAMING FROM OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD> I FISH 4 TIMES EVERY WEEK SINCE AUG FOR SALMON AND NOW TROUT BUT DONT LIKE THE HASSLES>>>

DAVE

Dave unfortunately is right. Although in my case it's flaming and abuse from other boards.

I know it shouldn't matter but everyone has a breaking point.

I'm still going to post steelhead reports, just more selectively.

If you remember I use to post tons of salmon and steelhead reports. I would liove to do so again as the fishing here has been amazing... Just the catch and release photos are cool to see,

Here are some with salmon fishing with Chris

Amundson Product shot

IMG_4021.jpg

Bowmanville Dam

IMG_4000.jpg

Random Salmon Pic

IMG_4031.jpg

Well I hope to post more

Dave

I'll play, enjoy!

talk about fishing the mud line,

1PA202245.jpg

my friend vik gettin pounded,

1PA202242.jpg

mating couple,

3PA132093.jpg

loner,

1PA132104.jpg

managed my smallest jack so far, i seen them smaller.

1PA132118.jpg

smallest of the season so far, shakers aside.

1PA162173.jpg

largest pier salmon this year, floating skein.

wPA112017.jpg

chromest fish this year,

sPA081856.jpg

Edited by l2p

DAVE

There's your answer right there. People don't wanna listen to the "boot","flossing" comments every time they post a pic of a salmon.

I was at Bronte pier this past Tuesday and seen one rainbow caught on a roebag under a float and the boys said two browns were caught earlier in the day on roe as well. I washed all my spoons and my brother caught 4 gobies.

Posting reports on here has lost it's luster for me too.

I posted a salmon report not long ago and got a PM from some idiot flaming me and accusing me of snagging. I have zero respect for this individual, so I decided to keep posting. Flame on, flamer. Classless behaviour doesn't really deserve our attention. My dad always taught me to focus on the positive things in life, so I do. Many more steelehead reports to come!

If you remember I use to post tons of salmon and steelhead reports. I would liove to do so again as the fishing here has been amazing... Just the catch and release photos are cool to see,

Here are some with salmon fishing with Chris

LOL with they way we have hammered Salmon and now Steelies, we will have enough Amundson promo material to start our own magazine. The last batch turned out great. Good thing ONE of us hooked into some big bows for those pics :sarcasm: . I'll give you a call sometime this week for more floaterific and flysational good times.

Surprisingly, I haven’t been out much this fall for steelhead (probably only 4 trips or so since the middle of September :() – Salmon fishing in any form just doesn’t appeal to me much anymore.

In my case, I do enjoy sharing artsy photos of pretty fish but I’ve mostly been fishing in low light conditions :whistling: ... Not the greatest conditions for an auto-focus (and light duty flash) in a camera.

IMG_3648a.jpg

Frozen Fire joined me on the trips. He offered to be my camera man as well as protect me from the growing population of rabid coyotes that live along those rivers...I know I can run back to the car faster than him in the dark :D – Especially when I spray bacon grease on his wading jacket :clapping:

IMG_3725a.jpg

Not sure what happened this year but the areas I like to fish were absolutely hammered by guys. SO much so I couldn't fish the way I wanted. Not sure what the deal was, but I have never seen it like that before in 20 years. This is the only fishing site I frequent, but who knows, maybe someone jibber jabbered on a another board.

My fav time to peir fish is coming up soon, hopefully it will be bitter cold!

Edited by Harrison

I have only been out for several hours all fall for steelhead. Didn't even get out for salmon.

Its been surprisingly busy fall and I have been down to 1 car all year. Hopefully that will change in the next week or so.

Then I want to take a few days vacation and just go fishing.