CFL OR NFL

BUSTER

CFL OR NFL  

56 members have voted

1. 1. CFL OR NFL

I love my Ticats. :)

As far as I'm concerned the talent level is the same. The problem is the CFL players are mostly too small to play in the NFL, especially on D.

Skill positions that's a different story though. There's lots of great CFL players who'd do just as well in the no fun league.

Edited by solopaddler

There's lots of great CFL players who'd do just as well in the no fun league.

Yes and they are all kickers.

CFL players are NFL cast-offs or never made the draft. History has proven that it is very difficult for CFL calibre players to make and stay in the NFL.

Players like Joe Theisman, Warren Moon, Doug Flutie are the only names that come to mind of players who crossed between the two leagues with success in both. I'm sure the were a couple others too.

Bring on the Not For Long game!

Yes and they are all kickers.

CFL players are NFL cast-offs or never made the draft. History has proven that it is very difficult for CFL calibre players to make and stay in the NFL.

Players like Joe Theisman, Warren Moon, Doug Flutie are the only names that come to mind of players who crossed between the two leagues with success in both. I'm sure the were a couple others too.

Bring on the Not For Long game!

I would argue it goes both ways. The Canadian game is very different. Just look at Ricky Williams; his CFL career was an utter failure yet he is still going strong in the NFL. A recent CFL player who made the transition to the NFL is defending CFL defensive player of the year Cameron Wake, who not only made the Miami Dolphins this year but is having a great year so far. I have some friends who played in both leagues, mind you as long snappers, and they claim that in terms of athleticism both leagues are quite similar.

put it this way pick an allstar team from the NFL and one from the CFL and play it on a canadian field with 3 downs and it would still be a blow out after the first quarter. Players are in the CFL because they are not good enough to be in the NFL.

They aren't good enough, or they can't stay off drugs. It's not called the Chronic Football League for nothing.

I still watch the CFL but not like in years gone by when I would watch it all the time.

For the NFL I was a cheese head but after white,Brown then Farve left I have found that I watch the games for the players I like more then cheer on a team. I also find it better to not have a team that way when I realy like a player and he gets traded I can still cheer them on.

The officials kill the CFL, it would be a much better game with some compitent offcials.The calls and the flags being thrown is just ridiculous at times and the new overtime game is a joke.I still watch both leagues but I find I turn off the CFL off once the officials get flag happy,I hate seeing the refs deciding the out come of an other wise great game.

I'm a Tiger-Cats season ticket holder and a HUGE CFL fan. I love both leagues though. I always wonder why it has to be a question of one league over the other. They're almost two different sports!

If pressed, I think I enjoy the speed of the Canadian game more and the 3 downs as opposed to 4. With 3 downs, the Quarterback HAS to get 10 yards quicker so every down is more important than in the NFL.

Quarterbacks in the CFL don't have the luxury of 'managing' the game. They have to make plays!

NFL.....BUT.....TOO many commercials PERIOD....college football looks better everyday.

Now if I might ask....do you think the Buffalo Bills will be successful if and when they move to Toronto....filling the stadium because it's all about the money.

I wont be going at the price they want for NFL tickets in ontario..

I used to like the CFL when it was truly Canadian and you could only have two imports. Now they force you to have a Canadian on your team .

Is it better talent wise with the imports, yea maybe, but i think what was unique was the Canadian content the league had, homegrown boys.They tried and failed to sell it to the US using imports, so why not resell the Canadian content back to the Canadian people with the majority of Canadian players.Until that happens, I might watch the Grey Cup, but not definitely. :D

They also could try to get some fantasy football interest, wouldn't hurt. :good: