Rick Rypien video clip

jedimaster

Anyone catch the rypien video clip from last night? I grabbed a fan and shook him around. I bet Rypien is gonna get raked through the coals. Personally I think he should get a fine,and the next time the nucks play in vancouver during the first intermision the fan gets to kick rypien in the balls at center ice.

Likley he is gonna get a big suspension, but I mean really is it fair? Domi only got 1,000 dollar and no suspension for soaking fans with gatorade then pounding a guy.

That was hilarious watching the fan trying to look all innocent and avoid getting kicked out. I had a good laugh at that last night.

what do you mean "look innocent".....all buddy was doing was clapping and of course probably running his mouth but he was a home fan and that's part of the game....rypien is a goof, hope he gets suspension and a fine....he shoved sedin, too didn't he???

I'd be severely pissed if i was that fan

I'd like to see him get those dumb :asshat: yanke fans who interfered with the game last night. :w00t:

Players can't touch fans.

Players can't touch fans, no matter how frigin' dumb we are, however sports teams need to do a lot more to keep their fans from having contact with visiting teams... see last nights baseball game for exhibit #1.

Bet you that wild fan needed to buy new drawers. :whistling:

Anyone catch the rypien video clip from last night? I grabbed a fan and shook him around. I bet Rypien is gonna get raked through the coals. Personally I think he should get a fine,and the next time the nucks play in vancouver during the first intermision the fan gets to kick rypien in the balls at center ice.

Likley he is gonna get a big suspension, but I mean really is it fair? Domi only got 1,000 dollar and no suspension for soaking fans with gatorade then pounding a guy.

that was so funny but he should not bin kickt out

Domi only got 1,000 dollar and no suspension for soaking fans with gatorade then pounding a guy.

He did squirt the guy, then the guy pushed on the glass and it broke, causing him to fall into the penelty box. The linesman came into the box and the fan was never hit by TD.

Not suggesting one is right and one is wrong, the incidents are just not comparable.

BTW the game was in St. Paul not Van.

Edited by kickingfrog

what do you mean "look innocent".....all buddy was doing was clapping and of course probably running his mouth but he was a home fan and that's part of the game....rypien is a goof, hope he gets suspension and a fine....he shoved sedin, too didn't he???

I'd be severely pissed if i was that fan

He looked like a kid getting caught with his hands in the cookie jar. It was hilarious to watch I don't care what anyone says. Rypien was wrong of course, but that was worth a good laugh... sports are the ultimate soap opera.

He did squirt the guy, then the guy pushed on the glass and it broke, causing him to fall into the penelty box. The linesman came into the box and the fan was never hit by TD.

Not suggesting one is right and one is wrong, the incidents are just not comparable.

BTW the game was in St. Paul not Van.

Domi definatly pumped him a few times. I remember even the interview with Domi afterwards he said he gave him a couple good shots.

Guest Johnny Bass

First he suckered the Pheonix player and then he hit the fan. I think this guy definitely needs to be humbled! Major fine and sued, and charged for assault!

The kid should sue Rypien for embarrassing him on TV, and sue Phoenix Coyotes for taking him out of the game(at least ask for a few free games), but I'd ask for more for wrongfully being ejected from the game I payed good money to watch! He payed his ticket and last time I checked, it is ok to taunt players(If even that was the case).

I agree. Tie domi got off easy. That can also be considered assault and he could have been sued.

Edited by Johnny Bass

well looks like he gets a 6 game suspension and the canucks get a 25k fine.

Seems about right in my eyes. I would be interested to see what this guy gets. I still think bettman will offer him minority ownership in the coyotes or the wild or dallas or some other team that is in the dumps. Maybe he will get some seaons tickets or something. I dunno, do you guys think he should get some kind of compensation?

I dunno, do you guys think he should get some kind of compensation?

Nope............especially if its true that they just moved him to another seat which makes total sense, as they didnt want this guy remaining inches away from the vancouver bench the rest of the night and have something stupid happen.

I think the whole thing is kind of funny...........the guy got his shirt grabbed. Its kind of like being at the zoo and getting a little too close to the monkey cage. This kid was too close and he got swiped at lol

Guest Johnny Bass

well looks like he gets a 6 game suspension and the canucks get a 25k fine.

Seems about right in my eyes. I would be interested to see what this guy gets. I still think bettman will offer him minority ownership in the coyotes or the wild or dallas or some other team that is in the dumps. Maybe he will get some seaons tickets or something. I dunno, do you guys think he should get some kind of compensation?

I think HE should have been fined and not the Canucks.

I think the establishment handled it well if kickingfrog is correct. If anything, he should be compensated by Rypien. Rypien should fork up some of his cash, to the guy. I think $5,000(Peanuts for Rypien) is a good number or some free tickets. You just shouldn't be doing that to fans.

But if he did in fact spit on Rypien? Then that's another story. The kid should get punished.

The player hasn't been fined, the team was. The player will lose 6/82s of his salary. Player fines are caped by the CBA, I don't know how much the max is but it's a lot less than 6/82. If he makes $500 000, that's about $37 000.

He may have some legal fees that may make that look like peanuts.