Another Pigeon report

Whitemikeca

I was out on pigeon with Adam (Addy79) yesterday for another musky hunt. Unfortunatly we didnt have a very productive day. We ventured off to the North East end of the lake for the first time and we had a hard time fishing around the shoals with the wind coming directly from the west. We then decided to troll the NE end of the lake and I noticed we were not marking any bait fish at all on the sonar. Eventually we gave up and headed back to my usual milkrun. The fishing continued to be tough and dispite marking a lot of bait fish, the muskys didnt seem to be bitting. Eventually near the end of the day I managed one decent fish trolling a believer.

IMG_2753.jpg

Nice Musky. It almost looks white. Must be really cold the water!

I think it looks more white because of the carmera flash and the way the fish is angled. It looked like a regular looking colouration for pigeon. Water temps where between 53-55. I am not sure if the lake has fully turned over yet.

A good day musky fishing can be one follow.....you got yours in the boat...well done!

Thanks. I agree that one fish is decent but I have been fishing Pigeon for musky for the last 4 years now and I am not satisfied with one fish days, especially this time of year. One fish in the summer is a good day but in the fall I consider 1 fish a disappointment especially after how well I did last fall. This year I just can't seem to have a breakout day.