Lake of the Woods or Lake Nipigon areas.

tapout

hey everyone, been awhile since I've been on the board. I'm leaving Edmonton today to drive back to Toronto today and should reach North Western Ontario by tomorrow. I'd like to stop and do some fishing around the above mentioned areas but it is a new area for me and would like some help in finding a decent shore fishing location. I can't really afford a guided trip. If anyone can help me would be appreciated and even better if anyone is in that area and would like to join me that would be great. As for species is doesn't really matter. Pike, walleye, trout, etc. Would just like to put some lures in the water and have a decent chance of catching something. Hope to hear from some of you and hopefully fish with some of you as well.

Cheers,

Tony.

hey everyone, been awhile since I've been on the board. I'm leaving Edmonton today to drive back to Toronto today and should reach North Western Ontario by tomorrow. I'd like to stop and do some fishing around the above mentioned areas but it is a new area for me and would like some help in finding a decent shore fishing location. I can't really afford a guided trip. If anyone can help me would be appreciated and even better if anyone is in that area and would like to join me that would be great. As for species is doesn't really matter. Pike, walleye, trout, etc. Would just like to put some lures in the water and have a decent chance of catching something. Hope to hear from some of you and hopefully fish with some of you as well.

Cheers,

Tony.

Lots of shore fishing spots to be had on the Nipigon River.

I have caught rainbows and lakers right below the HWY17 bridge.

There are also spots available near all the dams on the river as well.

Look at a map and drive from spot to spot. I have also caught brookies and whitefish up in thos spots.

Lots of shore fishing spots to be had on the Nipigon River.

That's about as good advice as there is, except I might debate the "lots" part. Take a drive north up hwy 585 right in Nipigon. In 10 minutes you'll be at the last dam before the river enters Superior. You can shore fish there. Salmon are most likely done, or at least half rotten by now. Steelhead are a definite possibility. Lakers and Whitefish as well. Keep in mind that Brookies are closed. If anything it's a nice place to spend a few hours.