Leafs on a roll!!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Avery & Linseman. Good comparison, they both have stanley cup rings. Linseman even scored the stanley cup winning goal. You can keep Tucker and all his class, I'll take either the old rat or the new rat and their cups over him any day.

Not a Sens fan, a Bruins fan. You know, the team that the Leafs gave two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for Ke$$el. Oh, and thanks again for Rask. How is Raycroft working out for you?

Ridiculous.

How many games did Avery play in during the 2002/2003 season when Detroit won the cup? Answer: 36.

How many games did Avery play during the playoffs that year? Answer: 0.

Just because a player has "won" a Stanley Cup it doesn't mean they're a successful player...I shouldn't have to tell you that. By that measure, players like Peter Statsny and Marcel Dionne were pretty average. Not to mention Ray Bourque, who if he didn't luckily sneak onto the Avalance's Stanley Cup team, would've gone cupless as well.

As for your draft picks...how many goals have they scored for you lately?

As for Tuuka Rask...I doubt he's even played 50 games in the NHL as of yet. When he does something of note, let me know.

Edited by ADB

I'm not disappointed they lost. As several have already said they even lost their first game well, by getting a point. They showed more comeback heart than we've seen in a long time too.

But it was inevitable that they'd lose eventually. Any kind of streak always ends up being a monkey on the streaker's back. The longer the Leafs went undefeated the more media and fan pressure there would be to extend it and that just isn't usually reasonable except in a cup run. No team has ever gone a season undefeated, have they? Now our Leafs can settle down to just playing for as many wins as possible without any unreasonable expectation to win 'em all.

The final neat thing is that it takes away one more thing for the naysayers to take cheap shots at. Now the Leafs are just another team with a win/loss record. As far as I'm concerned they've got the makings for a decent run. I don't think anyone should expect a Cup final out of them but I suppose it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I'll be satisfied with a consistent season with a positive win/loss record and a little adventure into the cup run, a round or two would be nice. More than that would be wonderfully unexpected and a great precursor of what next season might bring.

As for the power play, it looks to me like #3 is trying to hard to involve the other guys and not shooting enuf himself. I like the way he goes to the net but some more shots from the line wouldn't be bad either. it's like he's too aware that he has some accomplished scorers up front and is trying to feed them, or mebbe he's taking the C too seriously. Regardless, the fact remains that we're 4 & 1 for the season and we're getting goal production from some surprise people. Even the much maligned Kaberle is producing from the line, both rushing and shooting.

I wonder is Gunnerson's job is in jeopardy. He sure hasn't lived up to last year's preview and the leaf are definitely deep at the Dee end.

Okay, that's end of my Leaf babbling for now. I couldn't stay out forever. :P

Way to go, Leafs.

JF

Scott Stevens(also won a Stanley cup), taking out Eric Lindros. If we keep these idiots around, eventually there will be no superstars left.

Scott Stevens is one of the most solid defensive defencemen to play the game, and one of the best hitters of all time. Do you really think that one hit ended Lindros's career? How about the other 5 times he got serious concussions? Lindros was soft, he had his head down, and got punished for it.

Scott Stevens is one of the most solid defensive defencemen to play the game, and one of the best hitters of all time. Do you really think that one hit ended Lindros's career? How about the other 5 times he got serious concussions? Lindros was soft, he had his head down, and got punished for it.

He wasn't soft, he just let things get to his head.

Avery & Linseman. Good comparison, they both have stanley cup rings. Linseman even scored the stanley cup winning goal. You can keep Tucker and all his class, I'll take either the old rat or the new rat and their cups over him any day.

Not a Sens fan, a Bruins fan. You know, the team that the Leafs gave two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for Ke$$el. Oh, and thanks again for Rask. How is Raycroft working out for you?

Haha, you guys crack me up sometimes.

bostonsucks.jpg

Expect a 30th, overall.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Regarding Kessel, thanks for the one of the best finishers the leafs have had in a long time. He gave us a point last night, and will give us many points to come. Rask is unproven, give him a few seasons before you attempt this misguided trash talk. Toronto will have the last laugh, and Burke will continue to look like a genius. Keep that trash talk coming, whatever helps you sleep at night. GO LEAFS GO

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

You guys can complain about avery all you want... Colby Armstrong is one of the most noted headhunters in the league...Talk about trying to hurt guys... How many times has he blindsided someone or hit someone dangerously from behind? Don't believe me, hop on youtube.

Avery is a pest, and I probably hate him as much as you guys, but he doesn't have the size to HURT most guys... He just gets inside their heads.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Scot Stevens , dont see too many head hits or blind sides , He hit you face on , if you were stupid enough to cross the blue and didnt look up well ,wellcome to the I see stars all around my head club, but Scot did not hit from behind , didnt need too great skater and hard hard body , wish Dion would watch some films and learn.

Scot Stevens , dont see too many head hits or blind sides , He hit you face on , if you were stupid enough to cross the blue and didnt look up well ,wellcome to the I see stars all around my head club, but Scot did not hit from behind , didnt need too great skater and hard hard body , wish Dion would watch some films and learn.

Agreed, Scott was one of the hardest hitters the game has ever seen. As well as an extremely talented defenceman. Would have loved to see him suiting up with the Leafs!

Avery is a pest, and I probably hate him as much as you guys, but he doesn't have the size to HURT most guys... He just gets inside their heads.

he doesn't use his size to hurt people, but he carries a large chunk of lumber around with him all game that he's not afraid to use..... just wait til he realizes that he has knives on his feet.....

jjcanoe

he doesn't use his size to hurt people, but he carries a large chunk of lumber around with him all game that he's not afraid to use..... just wait til he realizes that he has knives on his feet.....

jjcanoe

Never thought of it that way, that's just plain scary!

AS for the trade for Kessel , would you trade Kardi for him (7th overall wasnt he,this is what Burke thought he was giveing), leafs did not think they would finish last , any one even a first over all is not a sure thing (maybe this draft it was , but they did not think they were giveing up 1st overall) Kessel is a SURE thing ,best leaf along with Versteeg in a long long time would make this trade any day .

Guest Johnny Bass

I knew people would come to Scott Stevens defense but the truth of the mater is, he tried to hurt players. His mouth must have been watering when he seen people with their head down. Those are cheap shots. You can hit them but not try to injure them.

Watched the game last night and there was some things lacking. For one? Checking. Our checking line was almost invisible. Orr hasn't been the same after the knockout. I think we outplayed them for the most part, but still looked worn down.

The two goals called back were good calls. The last penalty that led to the game winner? Crappy.

I say give Versteeg another two weeks and if he doesn't rack up points? Demote him to second line. Bring up Kumelin, Macarthur, or Sjostrom(all of which can put the puck in the net). We'll still have two solid lines.

I knew people would come to Scott Stevens defense but the truth of the mater is, he tried to hurt players. His mouth must have been watering when he seen people with their head down. Those are cheap shots. You can hit them but not try to injure them.

Watched the game last night and there was some things lacking. For one? Checking. Our checking line was almost invisible. Orr hasn't been the same after the knockout. I think we outplayed them for the most part, but still looked worn down.

The two goals called back were good calls. The last penalty that led to the game winner? Crappy.

I say give Versteeg another two weeks and if he doesn't rack up points? Demote him to second line. Bring up Kumelin, Macarthur, or Sjostrom(all of which can put the puck in the net). We'll still have two solid lines.

Sjostrom,LOL the only net he could put the puck in is a soccer net!! He hasn`t scored more than 10 goals in a season but hey he might be good enough to play on your first line,good luck with that!!

Sjostrom,LOL the only net he could put the puck in is a soccer net!! He hasn`t scored more than 10 goals in a season but hey he might be good enough to play on your first line,good luck with that!!

I was thinking the same thing LOL!

He's great on the PK though. I think we're 3rd best in the league at the moment.

One thing is for sure, I am finally going to enjoy watching Leafs games a little more this year if they keep up this effort. The investment I made in a 52" HD TV and Leafs TV may not seem like such a waste of money this year :thumbsup_anim:

I don't think the buds will stay at the top of the Eastern conference for long, and they will more than likely be fighting for a playoff spot by the end of the season... but they will be a lot more fun to watch this year. It's been way too long since TO has had a decent team, and if they do make the playoffs, they could be a sleeper with the heart they are capable of playing with. I will not be jumping on the parade bandwagon though :lol:

Avery just needs a really good thumping.

Guest Johnny Bass

Ya I know. But he is big, aggressive and fast and can cause turnovers. I'm trying to recall a player on the first line with the same traits and the line was successful. Its always not about scoring. But I will concur. He is the last pic of the three.

Verbeek on a second line will give us two great lines. I'm only suggesting Verbeek be demoted if his play does not improve major within the next two weeks.

Getting ready to watch the game. If the trend continues? The leafs will lose tonight. Since it seams most teams that play a team back to back, win one and lose one. Though trends are meant to be broken! :thumbsup_anim: